Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

lowlevelRAF's Collection

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!
Post Reply
lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am

Hi All,

Finally got round to uploading some pictures of my growing patch collection.

Some rare ones in there, but I've tried to group them the best I can :)

RAF Tornado GR Force

Image

RAF Tornado F3

Image

RAF Typhoon Force - Not too sure if the bottom BALTOPS and Bear hunting patches are aircrew or not.

Image

RAF/RN Harrier Force

Image

RAF F-35 - missed my QE Carrier Trials patch, doh!

Image

RAF Heavies & ISTAR - Old 201 Sqn crew 3 patch added.

Image

RAF Hawk

Image

RAF Chinook - Forgot to add my square 27 Sqn patch!

Image

Fly Navy! 736 NAS.

Image

US Forces - Mainly UK based USAFE, few patches from 305th RS from RIAT 18. Aggressor EA-18G patch thrown in as well.

Image

RAAF

Image

Various other patches

Image

I'll try to add any further additions!

Matt :)
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Wed May 29, 2019 9:13 am

Found the two patches I missed out.

QE F-35B Trails patch and 27 Sqn aircrew patch.

Image

Matt
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 35744
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by Gary » Wed May 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Very nice collection :thumb:

phantommadman
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm
Location: Not far from RAF Kenley,Surrey

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by phantommadman » Wed May 29, 2019 3:51 pm

That's a cracking collection there :thumb: Especially liking the Aussie collection :) Out of interest, where did you get the Aussie Poseidon and Hornet patches?

Regards
Des
Pessimists are never disappointed

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Thu May 30, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks both :)

I ended up getting both the RAAF P8 and Hornet patches off Ebay, find alot on there!

Matt
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Latest additions!

Another for the Harrier :cool: 2 (AC) Sqn Op Shader and 6 Sqn Exercise ACE 2019. RAF Tucano Display patch from 72 (R) Sqn :thumb:

Image

617 Sqn First depolyment and 2x 100 Sqn patches! They are brilliant, the PVC patches are starting to grow on me now!

Image

Then latest is my RIAT 2019 Haul. I could of come home with more, but having my wedding the weekend after, I was reminded not to buy too many this year :halo:

Image
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

fillett101
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by fillett101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am

Nice. Just for your info - I don't think that your Hawk / 100 Sqn patch has anything to do with the Hawk (or the RAF!) It is one of those made up designs from Wayviation / 2535Wayne on E-bay. Don't take offence but he has a fine selection of fake stuff sold via E-bay and appearing in people's collections.

Starbuck
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by Starbuck » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 am

fillett101 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am
Nice. Just for your info - I don't think that your Hawk / 100 Sqn patch has anything to do with the Hawk (or the RAF!) It is one of those made up designs from Wayviation / 2535Wayne on E-bay. Don't take offence but he has a fine selection of fake stuff sold via E-bay and appearing in people's collections.
The two hawk aggressor patches were made by Squadron Prints and are real, not fake. 100 Sqn does aggressor training.

JJC
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by JJC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am

Great collection!

How did you get hold of the Tucano 2019 patch? I was told they weren’t available to anyone but the crew at RIAT.

MRTT
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by MRTT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 am

Squadron Prints were selling them. :thumb:

JJC
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by JJC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:07 pm

MRTT wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 am
Squadron Prints were selling them. :thumb:

Thanks for the info MRTT! :clap:

fillett101
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by fillett101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Starbuck wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 am
fillett101 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am
Nice. Just for your info - I don't think that your Hawk / 100 Sqn patch has anything to do with the Hawk (or the RAF!) It is one of those made up designs from Wayviation / 2535Wayne on E-bay. Don't take offence but he has a fine selection of fake stuff sold via E-bay and appearing in people's collections.
The two hawk aggressor patches were made by Squadron Prints and are real, not fake. 100 Sqn does aggressor training.
Indeed - the two PVC designs are from the unit. The patch I was referring to is the round black embroidered design in your photo, above your 208 Sqn patch / Hawk T.2 Role Demo patch.

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:56 am

fillett101 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 pm
Starbuck wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 am
fillett101 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am
Nice. Just for your info - I don't think that your Hawk / 100 Sqn patch has anything to do with the Hawk (or the RAF!) It is one of those made up designs from Wayviation / 2535Wayne on E-bay. Don't take offence but he has a fine selection of fake stuff sold via E-bay and appearing in people's collections.
The two hawk aggressor patches were made by Squadron Prints and are real, not fake. 100 Sqn does aggressor training.
Indeed - the two PVC designs are from the unit. The patch I was referring to is the round black embroidered design in your photo, above your 208 Sqn patch / Hawk T.2 Role Demo patch.
I had suspected as much that it wasn't from the unit. It had been given to me by a friend about 5 or 6 years ago now, before I really started collecting. The recent PVC ones from Squadron Prints are brilliant :)

Matt
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

TommyG
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by TommyG » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 pm

Really nice collection 👍🏻

Unknown74
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Who were selling the S-92 Coastguard patch?

benji1867
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:56 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by benji1867 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Unknown74 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 pm
Who were selling the S-92 Coastguard patch?
The Coast Guard guys at RIAT
Ben - UP THE OWLS

flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/benji1867/

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:30 pm

benji1867 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 pm
Unknown74 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 pm
Who were selling the S-92 Coastguard patch?
The Coast Guard guys at RIAT
Brought from Squadron Prints :)
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

typhoon2019
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 pm
Location: East Sussex

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by typhoon2019 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:51 pm

where did you get the 29 squadron triangle patch ( the one with the drop tanks and the red boarder) been trying to find one with no luck for my typhoon print

lowlevelRAF
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: Brum :)!!

Re: lowlevelRAF's Collection

Post by lowlevelRAF » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:06 pm

I got it from the Squadron Prints stand at RIAT. Not sure if they may have some on eBay?
vRAF CAS - http://vraf.net/
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more! - http://www.facebook.com/mspgsimulations"
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests