Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Jet Fighter Experience

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
BlackPanther832

Jet Fighter Experience

Post by BlackPanther832 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi All,

A friend of mine is hoping to send his Mum on a Jet Fighter Experience for her 50th Birthday!

Does anyone have any recommendations of any operators offering such an experience in either the UK or France? A search of Google only turns up a handful of results and most look fairly 'dodgy'.

Can anyone comment on any of the following: flyfighterjet.com / fighter-jet.com / Hunter Flight Academy?

Any comments would be more than welcome; reviews, recommendations, costs etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Glen

Richard E

Re: Jet Fighter Experience

Post by Richard E » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Glen

I know I'm completely ignoring your question but can I suggest that Ultimate High based at Goodwood Aerodrome might be a less "dodgy" but equally exhilarating alternative: www.ultimatehigh.co.uk

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 pm

How about this link for a ride of a lifetime http://www.flyajetfighter.com/fly-the-mirage-iii/
Oh the games people play now :ninja:

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 pm

I've always fancied the flight in a Mig-29... Something else on my bucket list ;) .

http://www.migflug.com/en/jet-fighter-f ... gIqwvD_BwE

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

gurkha1

Post by gurkha1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:11 am

There was a Mig 29 flight in either the Czech republic or Slovak Af, also Mig 29 flights in Russia still operate for tourists I think it was 4 day trip with flight and hotel .Sywell airport have Spitfire flights daily up to 6 flights a day.

Dan213

Post by Dan213 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

This company operate out of Paris Pontoise flying the Fouga Magister

http://patrouillefougamagister.com/

Green133

Post by Green133 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am

Richard E wrote:Glen

I know I'm completely ignoring your question but can I suggest that Ultimate High based at Goodwood Aerodrome might be a less "dodgy" but equally exhilarating alternative: http://www.ultimatehigh.co.uk

I agree with Richard. I was gifted a flight for my birthday and flew with them earlier in the year. Absolutely brilliant.

Green133

BlackPanther832

Post by BlackPanther832 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Many thanks for all of your replies, it is much appreciated! :)

As good as the Ultimate High Experience looks, it really has to be a jet aircraft - it is kind of a bucket list type thing...

Can anyone give any feedback on any of the following: flyfighterjet.com / fighter-jet.com / Hunter Flight Academy?

Unfortunately we can't really go for either the Mirage or the Mig due to the 5 figure cost - it has to be more of a 4 figure cost if possible.

Kind Regards,

Glen

jem60

Post by jem60 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 am

Bucket lists are so important as one gets older. Think you might struggle with a four figure number for one. Possibly a Jet Provost at North Weald perhaps??. Got mine in the Air Training Corps many years ago when Pontius was a Pilot. Vampire T.11 around the Mach Loop. Well worth the no money I didn't pay for it. Good luck with the aims. Regards, John :) . To my wife's delight, I was too tall for the Lightning when we were in South Africa. :( :( :(
Last edited by jem60 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am

i wish someone would do an Apache experience, i could die happy.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am

Wolfie. On a light hearted note, I hope it would take you more than that to die happy!. :) But I know what you mean. A very dear friend of ours flew in the black Delta Jets Hunter for his 50th. Something he ALWAYs wanted to do, despite being a PPL holder. Shortly afterwards, he lost his life in a Motorway accident. [his fault and didn't involve any other vehicle.] Sadly missed, but he achieved his greatest wish.

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 pm

there's a few more things on my bucket list but man, Apaches are just....gorgeous. would love a spin in one
that story is why i try and do as much as i can, money allowing. a couple years back my mom got over breast cancer in Nov and the next year i had her birthday, anniversary and xmas presents all bought by January [tickets to concerts on early sale etc]. she was dead of brain cancer by April, so you never know what's around the corner and if you're putting something off for no other reason that idleness....i'd suggest you don't.

Dan213

Post by Dan213 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 pm

BlackPanther832 wrote:Many thanks for all of your replies, it is much appreciated! :)

As good as the Ultimate High Experience looks, it really has to be a jet aircraft - it is kind of a bucket list type thing...

Can anyone give any feedback on any of the following: flyfighterjet.com / fighter-jet.com / Hunter Flight Academy?

Unfortunately we can't really go for either the Mirage or the Mig due to the 5 figure cost - it has to be more of a 4 figure cost if possible.

Kind Regards,

Glen
The link I posted above for Patrouille Fouga Magister is €2050 for a 30 min flight

Given that the aircraft the Hunter flight academy is currently not airworthy, I don't believe they are currently offering flights

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”