Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Misc / Update 10/05/2017

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Fairford here
skywatch1

Misc / Update 10/05/2017

Post by skywatch1 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi all
Just an 'advisory'.
Two of us on motor bikes stop to watch some airfield maintenance today and. my mate was using Binoculars. A police car arrived and the officer asked, who was using such ? my mate said it was me. The officer stated that he had been seen on the Base camera and sent round to check us out.
This proves that they are watching us, other wise...no problems :thumb:
Finally, I did mention a nasty metallic rattle coming from his Police car, the exhaust was hanging of ;-)

mushbuster

Re: Misc / Update 10/05/2017

Post by mushbuster » Wed May 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Skywatch1, did the policeman say what he was doing when "he had been seen on the base camera?" I assume you mean they knew it was your mate who was using the binoculars, despite what he said. Have to say, stopping to "watch some airfield maintenance" when there are no aircraft present or visible can only be considered odd and is guaranteed to attract the attention of the security police, it is also likely to give us all a bad name. Posting about it is also a little odd. You may want to think how your behaviour could be seen by someone who's job it is to watch out for threats and insecurities on a military installation.

StormsInAfrica

Post by StormsInAfrica » Wed May 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Do you have anything to contribute other than pedantry, loftiness and ad hominums?

Like ever?

"Spotter uses binos in spotting shocker - read all about it".

Ridiculous.

mushbuster

Post by mushbuster » Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Storms in Africa, you may call it "ad hominums", I would suggest it is "Ignoratio elenchi" (which I had to look up when looking up the meaning of pedantry, loftiness and ad hominums). There are far too many posts in the Fairford section that contain utterly pointless statements or worse, unsubstantiated rumour presented as facts, this has been commented on by others on this site before.

mtpg09

Post by mtpg09 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:08 pm

SO "Stopping by an Airfield when there are no Aircraft present or visible is considered Odd" !!! YOU Need to EITHER Grow up or get a life Mate ! OH, And " it is also likely to give us all a bad name" WHO IS ALL ? YOU mean You ! Just who the Hell are you ! SO Stopping by an Airfield and posting on a Forum of your Experience Is Considered Odd is it ? The Only thing that is Odd is you ! I suppose It's Also Odd to take Photographs at an Airfield as well !

StormsInAfrica

Post by StormsInAfrica » Wed May 10, 2017 9:52 pm

I will say this.

People present all kinds of stuff for consideration on these threads rumour, speculation and down right nonsense. Fortunately, most are possesed of the ability to critically analyse what they hear and come to a point of view.

What is decidely unwelcome is the generally sneering and superior tone of your posts.

They do you no credit.

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Wed May 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Well, that escalated quickly...

Think we need to calm down, really doesn't warrant the response it's received.

Return to “RAF Fairford”