Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Mildenhall airshow 2010

Post information on other airshows and events here.
robbo

Re: Mildenhall airshow 2010

Post by robbo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 pm

info i have is its a 70/30 chance of next year but restricted to max 50,000 entrants,

robbo

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 pm

50,000 :O . Too much time has passed by the look of it if thats the case! Surely thats gonna be a 1 day event then instead of the old 2 day Air Fete weekend. Probably be something similair to the American Air Day that they have been having at Duxford, which is cool :thumb:

50,000? The Air Fete weekend usually had a crowd in excess of 500,000+ through the gates over both days!

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

robbo

Post by robbo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:35 pm

i think the days of 250k each day is way off, next year will be a taster for better things to come :thumb:

robbo

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 am

Lets hope there's some truth in the rumours. It would be nice if the yanks would make an announcement, not to confirm it, but just to acknowledge that they are considering an airshow.

They used to be great shows & I'd love to think that things would be the same, but after a 10 year gap I doubt that there is anyone on base who played a part in the orgainising of the last Air Fete, and without that year to year continuity they will have to organise it all from scratch again.
My biggest fear is that we might be presented with an airshow that falls short of our expectations fuelled by the memories of yesteryear.

Whatever they do I think they are being a bit unrealistic and totally underestimating interest with a 50,000 limit on tickets, this alone highlights my point that there is probably nobody on base who helped organise the last Air Fete (has nobody pointed out that they will potentially triple that figure!) They will certainly need to consider accomodating a larger crowd than that, unless they want cars parked up on every road surrounding the base for a mile radius while people watch it from outside.

I for one would still go and watch from outside if I couldn't get a ticket.

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

headset 57

Post by headset 57 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Hmmm, only took till post 6 for the 'drink drivers' to come out to play! :pop:

Burgers weren't all that great, atmosphere was second to none, and wouldn't be matched in these days. :roll:

Anyway the history of past shows will not make up the future of the present one... :P

it'll be more likely an open house than an air fete. :O :D

Incidentally the Fairford open houses were quite good in those days, but i did prefer the Bury, of all places for a good old Yankee doodle dandy day out.

Just reliving the smell of the 'Wets'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9y2cFM ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davedubya

Post by davedubya » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 pm

robbo wrote:info i have is its a 70/30 chance of next year but restricted to max 50,000 entrants,

robbo
I've heard something similar from two other people now.

Perhaps the rumour mill kicking in, or perhaps there is something solid to it.

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”