Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Aircraft movements? ?

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
Josh B

Aircraft movements? ?

Post by Josh B » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi there. Just wounding if there has been much hopping at Culdrose? ? The last post from here was 2 mouths ago?!!
where's everyone gone? Visiting aircraft and all the local spotters? ? :whistle:

peejay75

Re: Aircraft movements? ?

Post by peejay75 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 pm

I was thinking the very same, where is everybody

DaveG

Post by DaveG » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Check you PM peejay75
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

223 veiws and only 2 replies? ?! :(
I understand everyone in cornwall is proper layed back about life. . But you can't all still be on Christmas leave surly? ?! :D

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Josh B wrote:223 veiws and only 2 replies? ?! :(
I understand everyone in cornwall is proper layed back about life. . But you can't all still be on Christmas leave surly? ?! :D
You probably won't get many replies because most of the regular and informed posters for Culdrose have quit the forum.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 am

That's a shame.

Have they created an airfield specific forum?

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Yes, some of the previous regular posters have decided to leave but don't let that put off anyone else from posting any base related info

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 pm

slogen51 wrote:That's a shame.

Have they created an airfield specific forum?
They now have a dedicated South West forum where members can post up to date movements and general information freely(with photos!) without offending people from the other end of the country,it seems that this arrangement suits the needs of the local aviation enthusiasts quite nicely.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:14 am

The members who were posting here weren't offending anyone, just that they didn't want to, or ignored, the easy to understand forum rules that they agreed to when they signed up.

Anyway, if anyone wishes to post their logs here please do, everyone is welcome.

Dunk

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 am

Seems I opened a can of worms with this one.?! :unsure:
I only asked the question as when I have viewed the south west sections before , there always seemed to be regularly and informative updates.then the reports seemed to just stop over night?!!?
I'm not sure what rules the members weren't following :huh: but from I've seen posted in other sections, it would seem it's ok to post what ever as long as it's informative.it seems that's ok for others to do ??
Does seem a real shame that they have all left, as I would look forward to the going on from forgotten part of this country. With all the cracking photo they seem to get lucky with :thumbs: hopefully there not gone for long..
thanks for taking the time to reply everyone.

POL

Post by POL » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:22 am

The main issue (I'm not staff, I'll point that out now!) was the posting of things in the SW section that had nothing to do with the SW (F-15 crash in Lincs, photos of aircraft that should be in the photography section, etc.)

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:25 am

EGCC wrote:The main issue (I'm not staff, I'll point that out now!) was the posting of things in the SW section that had nothing to do with the SW (F-15 crash in Lincs, photos of aircraft that should be in the photography section, etc.)
Ohh.. :huh: I see :( but surely looking at other post in other sections ( I've just been looking among other posts ) it seems other do similar things and nothing gets said???? reading through some of the old post in the SW section it would seem that mybe some of the members with in the section were being a little victimised (just my opinion mind) towards these posts???
Surly if the moderators could have edited or just deleted post rather than let other forum members try and be little them? ? :(
My late father was a regular spotter in the south west for many years and had meet a lot of the old regular posters on here .. and spoke very highly of them.. nice friendly bunch he said.. Seems odd that other felt the need to up set them so.. !(as to me it would seem was the case)
Oh well I'll post what info I can.. but I guess I'll have to catch up with them all by other means.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:13 pm

I'm sure each will have their own opinion and i'm aware that some of the more regular SW posters felt victimised however the sections of the forum are clearly laid out for the ease of everyone. This particular section is designed for airfield related logs (as indicated in the section title) and other information related to specific airbases and not for cross posting of information indirectly related to other bases.

The moderators moved a number of threads (such as photo threads) into the correct sections only to be met with hostile remarks and comments that they shouldn't have been moved. Appreciating that there will always be an element of crossover with some pieces of information however simply sticking to the 'photo threads in the photo section' isn't really too much to ask is it? This also wasn't carried out as 'victimisation' of the SW group, this applies across the board but there will always be the odd one or two that slip through.

It is a shame that some members felt that this structure didn't fit with their vision of how they wanted to use the forum and decided to leave. As has been highlighted by this thread it has resulted in a reduced amount of information coming from the area which is a real shame to the wider community of enthusiasts. We would most definatly welcome a return of any members posting logs from the SW as it can only help benefit eveyone who shares a common hobby.

Happy to discuss further over PM if there are specific concerns.

bouncyt

Post by bouncyt » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I was going to refer you to some earlier threads where I set out quite clearly where the problem lay as far as I was concerned. Those threads have been removed. It is very sad that it wasn't possible to make a constructive comment without it being censored.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Most likely those constructive comments may have been lost in amongst a great deal of non-constructive comments which caused the threads to be removed. Again, i am happy to have constructive conversations over PM if there are specific points you wish to raise.

However, as far as this thread goes, i think the answer has been given as to why the section is currently quiet therefore locking it for now.

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”