Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

lack of info???

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
wally1986

lack of info???

Post by wally1986 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 am

is it me or is there a lack of heads up now days are the contacts tightening up there belt and keeping quiet or are we not researching enough??? :(
Graham

buzzer

Re: lack of info???

Post by buzzer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:38 am

Heads up for what Graham? ? Local movements? ?
If so. Then think it's just a case there hasn't been as many movements of late. :whistle:

wally1986

Post by wally1986 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:26 pm

looking back at the last couple of years people tend to no whats coming before its even taken off but lately its as we see it or on pp. surely we have people that no the insiders that might be... for example when the cafe was open they had a list what to expect and they were pretty good. this rafale for example also surely some one no's something. dose anyone no CU traffic controllers?
Graham

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm

wally1986 wrote:is it me or is there a lack of heads up now days are the contacts tightening up there belt and keeping quiet or are we not researching enough??? :(
Quite remarkable!At the very same time as you were dripping about the lack of info, a pair of visiting Falcons were working the circuit! Why did you not tell the rest of us about that?

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Problem is Graham, movements aren't as frequent as they use to be at Culdrose or any other airfield for that matter!
There for its not that people aren't saying if and when thing are due in.. its just they aren't visiting in the first place. !!
Back in the day a note would be left with your early morning milk delivery of what was in or due in :whistle: Some of the older locals will know what I mean by that ;)

I post when I can.. but I can't always during the day as I'm at work. As for others , I'm sure they also have there reasons :)

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Malfatron Malkovic wrote:
wally1986 wrote:is it me or is there a lack of heads up now days are the contacts tightening up there belt and keeping quiet or are we not researching enough??? :(
Quite remarkable!At the very same time as you were dripping about the lack of info, a pair of visiting Falcons were working the circuit! Why did you not tell the rest of us about that?
Indeed there were, one even carried out a practice Pan with a simulated engine fire. I would have made a post from the viewing area, but my phone is a cheap one from Tesco, so no 3G! :lol:

It was G-FRAI and G-FRAD if anyone wants a tie up by the way :)

MarkS

Post by MarkS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:24 pm

buzzer wrote:Back in the day a note would be left with your early morning milk delivery of what was in or due in :whistle: Some of the older locals will know what I mean by that ;)
Oh yes, I remember those days :) :thumbs:

defender 110

Post by defender 110 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 pm

me too, i had a nice chat with him the other day, he seems to be doing quite well at the mo which was good to see

Seaking93

Post by Seaking93 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:33 pm

MarkS wrote:
buzzer wrote:Back in the day a note would be left with your early morning milk delivery of what was in or due in :whistle: Some of the older locals will know what I mean by that ;)
So do I, pass on my best wishes when you see him again please Mark

wally1986

Post by wally1986 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 am

sory about that malf i posted then had to shoot to work but i have to admit i did see them both getting around but didnt think they were gonna pop in :Oops:
for info iv set up my base scanner to my pc and its recording all info around CU and other things like RFA argus and many more so if owt happens i can go back and do research if needed still testing but i figured this may help us if were not about and missed call-sign's or emergency landings etc... set from yesterday morning.
Graham

Red Hound

Post by Red Hound » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Seaking93 wrote:
MarkS wrote:
So do I, pass on my best wishes when you see him again please Mark
Having worked on the milk round got the heads up direct. The one that always amazed me was for a squadron of Thunderchiefs returning to the States with tanker support. The Culdrose ones were virtually always spot on too.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Having worked on the milk round got the heads up direct. The one that always amazed me was for a squadron of Thunderchiefs returning to the States with tanker support. The Culdrose ones were virtually always spot on too.
That's interesting. So did I (as I think we all did at some point?!.) for about a year. Think we all have Chris to blame for the hobby we're all in to! ! :whistle:

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:59 pm

wally1986 wrote:
sory about that malf i posted then had to shoot to work but i have to admit i did see them both getting around but didnt think they were gonna pop in :Oops:
for info iv set up my base scanner to my pc and its recording all info around CU and other things like RFA argus and many more so if owt happens i can go back and do research if needed still testing but i figured this may help us if were not about and missed call-sign's or emergency landings etc... set from yesterday morning.
There you are, Graham. In a nutshell you've answered your own question. Largely because (most of us) are busy people, without internet for a good part of the day, it's impossible to provide a head-up, especially at short notice.

wally1986

Post by wally1986 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:43 pm

fully understand malf but i so pose what im getting at is look through the post couple of years ago and theres people talking about visitors with couple of days notice ... thats what i meant iv not seen allot of at all why dont we get info like that anymore is it due to what iv said further up or just because there has been nothing?
Graham

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:17 pm

There's nothing happening!

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Graham... It's simple.. Unfortunately it's the case of the very reliable contacts that we all use to rely on for aircraft movements both at Culdrose and the local area, are sadly no longer around. That and the fact that as already stated more than once, there simply isn't the movements like we use to have.!!!
No one's with holding information from you or anybody else. And maybe if they are?? Then that might be because it's not for the general public to know about.. certainly not to be broadcasted on a public forum! ! :halo:

bertieb

Post by bertieb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:36 pm

MarkS wrote:
I too, along with my brother "Redhound", graduated from the Central Dairy School of Aircraft Recognition! For me, the best early morning tip-off from Chris (& we we weren't on his round!) was circa 1974 following the Merc Enterprise rescue. The note simply said, "US Army CH54 D site leaving this morning" so there was a quick trip out to see it before school, This was used to lift one of the Sea Kings involved in the rescue that had forced -landed in a ploughed field due, as I understand, to salt-logged engines. This has proved to be my one and only CH54/S64.

wally1986

Post by wally1986 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 pm

buzzer wrote:Graham... It's simple.. Unfortunately it's the case of the very reliable contacts that we all use to rely on for aircraft movements both at Culdrose and the local area, are sadly no longer around. That and the fact that as already stated more than once, there simply isn't the movements like we use to have.!!!
No one's with holding information from you or anybody else. And maybe if they are?? Then that might be because it's not for the general public to know about.. certainly not to be broadcasted on a public forum! ! :halo:
this is the answer i wanted and it seems like iv upset a few people over this but like you stated there no longer around thank you pete.
Graham

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 pm

bertieb wrote:
MarkS wrote:
I too, along with my brother "Redhound", graduated from the Central Dairy School of Aircraft Recognition! For me, the best early morning tip-off from Chris (& we we weren't on his round!) was circa 1974 following the Merc Enterprise rescue. The note simply said, "US Army CH54 D site leaving this morning" so there was a quick trip out to see it before school, This was used to lift one of the Sea Kings involved in the rescue that had forced -landed in a ploughed field due, as I understand, to salt-logged engines. This has proved to be my one and only CH54/S64.
And the funny thing is.. I was only looking at a photo today of said airlift! ;)

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”