Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Fairford photographers

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Thunder

Fairford photographers

Post by Thunder » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi all,

Would just to say a big thank you to all the members that have been at Fairford over the last week, and that have taken the time to show us their photographs from what was a excellent week for spotting. There are too many individual posts to comment on each one but the standard has been very high and I don't think I've seen a bad photograph yet :clap: .Unfortunantely due to work and family I was unable to get down last week or indeed this week for the remaining '52's, so seeing others results on here is the next best thing, I'm not jealous at all. Would also like to thank all the guys scanning the airwaves for giving us detailed reports of the airborne movements over the last week,even though at times it was a bit chaotic.

The last week sums up what FC is all about, great people sharing an interest in a great hobby coming together in one place. :thumbs:

To all involved, thank you

Jammo

Re: Fairford photographers

Post by Jammo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Thunder wrote:Hi all,

Would just to say a big thank you to all the members that have been at Fairford over the last week, and that have taken the time to show us their photographs from what was a excellent week for spotting. There are too many individual posts to comment on each one but the standard has been very high and I don't think I've seen a bad photograph yet :clap: .Unfortunantely due to work and family I was unable to get down last week or indeed this week for the remaining '52's, so seeing others results on here is the next best thing, I'm not jealous at all. Would also like to thank all the guys scanning the airwaves for giving us detailed reports of the airborne movements over the last week,even though at times it was a bit chaotic.

The last week sums up what FC is all about, great people sharing an interest in a great hobby coming together in one place. :thumbs:

To all involved, thank you
Couldn't have said it better myself, looks like you all had a great time, shame i couldn't visit, but the amazing photo's and the odd video or two has been amazing to look at, thank you all for the fine work and effort, its been appreciated :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
....And thanks for all the other information inc via scanners :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers Guys :cool:

downes0106

Post by downes0106 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Need a "Like" button for that post Thunder. Very well said. :clap:

CadPlan

Post by CadPlan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Best hour and a half all year made possible by postings on here, couldn't have said it better. Thank you all.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:07 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Thunder.

I feel sure that many of us are indebted to EVERYONE who posted information, be it a snippit, rumour or hint. It is only because of Fighter Control that I was able to decide when/if to travel to Fairford with the probability of seeing something of interest. :clap:

A grateful Doodlebug. :)

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Very well said, I completely agree with everything you say, Scott.

Loads and loads of wonderful shots/news updates, and a big thanks to everyone that took the time to share them with everyone. :thumb:
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

mtpg09

Post by mtpg09 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:55 pm

+1 to all the comments so far, A BIG BIG thanks to everyone who has posted info. It makes Fighter Control something special when you have people at their best and sharing information for others.

regards

Mike.

nick197

Post by nick197 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Yep agree with all of the above. Fighter control really is a superb forum full of friendly members :thumb: .

tapcat

Post by tapcat » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 pm

My thanks to all who have posted

Dan M

Post by Dan M » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Very well said Thunder. I spent last Wednesday at Fairford, met loads of new people, and had a cracking days togging to boot. The coverage throughout the deployment from those who have been listening on the airwaves has been top notch. As you rightly say, this is a great forum to be part of! Many thanks to all those who take the time to share information that not all of us have access to, long may it continue!

All the best

Dan

ndfilter

Post by ndfilter » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Must agree with all that I have just read. I did post a thanks on your Facebook page but should have here as well. Were it not for your site (and FB page) I would not have gone to Fairford twice last week, met loads of new people and got some nice shots. A massive thanks to everyone who posts stuff, especially the selfless folks who bother to spend the time updating the OTT/Heads-up bit. I don't understand half of what you're talking about but the other half told me more or less exactly when to be there which matters as I had to come up from West London. If I could remember how to I would post my photos on here but you've probably already seen them on Facebook. Thanks again, what a great community!

michaele

Post by michaele » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Completely agree with what has already been said. May I say Thanks to all who posted, be it advance info or photos.
Mike.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”