Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Splendid.

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
flynavy

Re: Splendid.

Post by flynavy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 am

On that RN web page (link somewhere above) about special Guest....
It says " “This year’s theme for Air day is Culdrose on the Frontline,"

said Captain Mark Garratt, Commanding Officer of RNAS Culdrose.

“We train for the future and in particular the effort to deliver the impressive Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers. 2013 also celebrates the 60t h anniversary of search and rescue in the Royal Navy and Culdrose is the home to 771 Squadron who operate the iconic red and grey Sea Kings.”

Well I thought this years air day theme WAS... the anniversary of SAR?

Big shame as I hoped we would have SAR cabs together, RN Sea king, that Wessex that Malf spotted a while ago, RAf, and foreign cabs, Beligium, dare I say Sea Kawk or something all together
Shame, why is this?

I'm still very glad it's happening, don't worry about that, just expecting a bit of a SAR show this year, hope they don't leave it to late, maybe idea is to have it on the final year of 771

Victor5

Post by Victor5 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:31 am

DaveG wrote: Anyone else booked up for day before ?
I received my tickets last week. I see entrance this year has been changed from W Site to B site with parking at the viewing area. I'm hoping there will be adequate parking over there :S Hopefully there will be reserved parking for ticket holders.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am

Victor5 wrote:
DaveG wrote: Anyone else booked up for day before ?
I received my tickets last week. I see entrance this year has been changed from W Site to B site with parking at the viewing area. I'm hoping there will be adequate parking over there :S Hopefully there will be reserved parking for ticket holders.
That also might mean they close of the viewing enclosure?!! :( it's been done in the past,and it ment it was chaos out on the gweek road with people parking everywhere,and the police trying to move every one on every five minutes!!!
Didn't go down to well for public relations for air day!!
Anyway I'm not going to be negative.....I know were I'm going to be parked ;)

bertieb

Post by bertieb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Regarding the star asset: I appreciate things are probably a little busy for him at the moment, and he could well be on paternity leave by 24.07, but picking up on the SAR theme - perhaps it's Prince William in a Sea King 3 given that the precedent was set in 1975 (I think) when Prince Charles flew a Wessex 5 in the Commando Assault.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:15 am

Poor old culdrose never seem to have much luck with the weather on airday :'(
Looking at the long range forecast,looks like after weeks of unbroken sunshine,it's all set to change next week. Tuesday ,Wednesday And Thursday looks to be overcast with the chance of Heavy showers :unsure: hopeful it blows through and we get more clear spells than showers!

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:27 pm

The latest is a vast improvement ;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647143

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 pm

blimey .. yes that is looking better! ;)

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm

I hope the weather at least stays acceptable, this year looks pretty good in the aircraft department considering the last few years. I never thought I would see a Tristar here this year!

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 am

Any doubters out there, here is the latest list! Typhoon, Tornado and other RAF machines listed as FLYING!
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/The-Fleet/A ... y-Aircraft

ultraburner

Post by ultraburner » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:48 am

Spendid indeed! I bet the Typhoon and Tornado "flying" will just be a landing and a take off though... better than none at all I guess!

Bring it on.

phat01

Post by phat01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm

the Tristar, C17 and A330 will just do a flyby wont they?
My Flickr pic's:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nqypics/

Newquay Airport Movement's Blog:
https://newquaymovements.blogspot.com/

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”