Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Formula 1 2021

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
James Cutting

Re: Formula 1.

Post by James Cutting » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:51 pm

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:30 pm

So. Here we go again!!. It seems that it is quite O.K. for Wondermax to push Lewis off at the 2nd chicane by not leaving him enough room, but then claims that it's Lewis's fault that they fell over each other at the first corner!.. The trouble is that Max STILL has not realised the main golden rule of racing, which is that in order to finish first, you must first finish!!. He has never used his common sense in respect of backing off, and then blames other people when it goes pear-shaped!!! Lewis, however, has the intelligence to realise that backing off is a sensible option from time to time. Great result for Mclaren. [Always been a secret admirer!]. I'm hoping that the Stewards will see this as a racing incident, or, how about giving both of them a 3 place penalty for the next race. That would liven things up more than somewhat!!!.
Last edited by raptor9 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Think the first incident T4 was Max fault. I feel the end of race incident was a bit more 50/50. Yes, could have ran over the kerbs but why take the easy route out when it could have been a deciding factor in the race and season?? That sausage kerb not there, then it isn't as serious. Lewis did leave enough space... IMHO. Maybe Lewis could have left a little more space through the corner? Hard to break down.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

seven

Post by seven » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Guess the cats out of the bag now lol.
I disagree with the first incident, id say that was a 50/50, and put down as a 'first lap incident'-how Silverstone should have been.
I am sure Hamilton did not give enough space to verstappen at turn 2, but had he done so, he would have had a significant speed disadvantage to VER down to turn 4, and once he'd had got infront, there would have been little HAM could have done to get back past him. So why would he have given him space!? Also, he could have given him less room into turn 1, which would have slowed VER and possibly avoided the whole thing altogether. Then again he could have actually tried for a good start in the sprint race, red bull could have not messed the pit stop up, Mercedes should have not messed their pit stop up... the list is endless.

Another thing I am sure of though, is I've added Monza to my list of circuits that need to go. As soon as the word 'train' is mentioned, you know its over.

Edit, and as for 'Thats what you get when you don't leave a space', yes. THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T LEAVE A SPACE! Intercoursing penis cranium that individual is.
#KeepFightingMichael #banthebulls

seven

Post by seven » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:25 pm

And a 3 place grid penalty for verstappen come Russia.

Thats what you get when you don't leave a space ;)

jimbo

Re: Formula 1 2021

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 am

What surprised me was the way Max reacted after the incident, just got out of the car and walked away, didn't even bother to check Lewis was ok even though he'd parked on top of him...didn't he say Lewis disrespected him after the Silverstone crash by celebrating the win even though it was known by then he was ok.

But here he was not giving a hoot if he'd seriously hurt someone, he just left the scene of his mistake...double standards.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:50 am

Yes. I wasn't too impressed with Max at that point. However, he perhaps knew that Lewis was O.K. because he saw that he was attempting to reverse from underneath. Still, not too much humanity there. :(

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:17 pm

I think the team bosses need to have a word with the pair before something more serious occurs, as it certainly will if they leave them to it :Wow:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:42 pm

seven wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:42 pm
#spolier alert!
You can't expect people not to talk about the race just because you haven't watched it yet! :lol If you don't want to know what's happened because you're watching the highlights, don't come onto the forum and open the F1 thread! :lol: :lol: I deliberately don't look at the news, stay off the sports websites and definitely don't come in here until I've watched the rerun or highlights as I never watch the live race as I'm rarely at home to do so. If someone lets slip then that's my problem not anyone else's, though most of my friends will usually keep schtum!
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

seven

Post by seven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Last time I was unable to watch a race live was Brazil, when crashtappen took Ocon off (leading to an penalty for Esteban). I don't need to wait to watch, however some do, so alternatively it doesn't hurt to keep schtum until after say the highlights have been screened ;)

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Biz. Quite agree!. If the sun is out, I record and watch later, making sure that the volume is right down and the F.1 channel not selected when I switch the replay on, and my friends know when to keep their mouths firmly shut!!!. :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Verstappen took Ocon out? Wow. That's a new take. I suppose Albon took Lewis out in Brazil, too? ;)

Safety car period, so posted a comment to see if anyone else had a take on the racing incident.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

seven

Post by seven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Verstappen drove into Ocon(who had every right to be where he was), did he not?

Albon/Hamilton was a racing incident IMO, Hamilton is a racing driver, and Albon left the door open, what's he going to do? After you sir? To quote the often regarded greatest driver of all time 'If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver'.

I don't recall anyone calling Senna a crybaby...

Shall we bring up Vettel/Leclerc in Brazil too? How about Montoya/Schumacher, or Rosberg/Webber?

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:12 pm

Except he didn't, you don't dive up the inside of the race leader when trying to unlap yourself. Yes, he has rights to unlap, in a safe manner. Not divebombing the race leader.

Albon/Hamilton was about as much of a race incident as Silverstone was "Max's fault". Again, too late in on the brakes, when he knew full well Albon would close the corner.

Oh yes, go for a gap that exists, unless divebombing up the inside also counts as that.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

seven

Post by seven » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Ocon went around the outside cleanly into turn 1, max decided it was his position and duly tried to repass him up the inside of turn 2, expecting him to get out of the way, which he didn't. Hardly dive bombing.

And yes correct, Albon/Hamilton was as much a racing incident as Silverstone was 'max's fault', agree with you there.

No divebombing involved.

d555

Post by d555 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 pm

Reading today that the RB management are saying that Hamilton is feigning and exaggerating his injuries , that, after he had one of their cars parked on his head! They do come across as a rather nasty bunch of individuals , they don't deserve to have someone with the talent of Max driving for them.

I hope this issue with Max and Hamilton seemingly coming together every time that they are on the same piece of track doesn't continue as it is ruining what should be an exciting championship. One solution, though it would never happen, is that the FIA should have the power to deduct 25 championship points from the perpetrator if the issue happens again. That would make them both think twice before trying to squeeze their car into a rapidly deminishing gap.
Anyway, let's hope we see a good race in Russia ( always a first time 🙂).

seven

Post by seven » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 pm

TBF, Max didn't deserve the seat he was given. Though I will say he has more than earned it since. I do wonder though if Gasly, Albon, Perez are all really that much slower than him...

He does need to learn when to give up on a corner though, he clearly has the faster car, and to me it seems Hamilton and Mercedes are struggling with the pressure they are putting them under. If only red bull would spend more time concentrating on the cars, instead of crying about Mercedes and Hamiltons injuries(as you say, he did have a car on his head), then they'd have already won the championships by now.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Helmut Marko [ex BRM Driver from Way back in the day]should retire to a beach or an Old Folks home. How the hell does he know whether or not Hamilton has a neck injury. I've always wondered why Teams 'employ' people like him, Alain Prost, yes, even the late, great Niki Lauda [whom I admired enormously] as advisers, when they have never driven a modern F.1 car in anger in the modern era!!!. :S
Last edited by raptor9 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

seven

Post by seven » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 pm

Especially those that are clearly mentally deranged...

seven

Post by seven » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Tricky one with crashtappen, smart/cheeky of red bull to chose to take the new engine/associated penalties now with the grid penalty from Monza already being there, having done the same with Perez in Zandvort I believe it was(?). About time that was looked at i think.

Weather not looking good for tomorrow onwards, normally I'd have said that would improve this race, but with what the area looked like earlier in the week after the rain then, we could have Spa all over again! (For different reasons obviously).

Return to “General Chat”