Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FC Position During Lockdown.

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
aenstrop

FC Position During Lockdown.

Post by aenstrop » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:48 pm

As the post detailing this is locked can I ask if this is being applied to those of us not in Lockdown? I’m sure you’re aware that Scotland, at present, is not in Lockdown and if we are still allowed out and about then surely we should be allowed to post as normal.

np1991

Re: FC Position During Lockdown.

Post by np1991 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:54 pm

I've asked the question in the staff section, waiting a reply.
Personally until wee Nippy in Edinburgh puts us into Lockdown then we should be ok to post as normal but that's my opinion.
Cheers Niall

Nikon D7200
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8
Nikon 300mm f2.8
Nikon 18-140mm

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/59398793@N03/

Paultojo

Post by Paultojo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Same here in Northern Ireland :pop:
Paul
C&C always welcome

My images at Jetphotos.net

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Although this does not reflect what i will do, I think it should be noted that although i myself am in a Scottish Tier 3 zone and should not be travelling to another area, there is actually nothing to stop me heading to Lossie, or Leuchars as long as i can say its for exercise.

I am also in the position where we may have to handle an A400M at Dundee, does the FC stance prevent me from posting photos of such an event?
Paultojo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm
I thought you were in lockdown already?

Whatever happens, stay safe,
Geoff.

2e1var

Post by 2e1var » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:52 am

Government advice is 'outdoor recreation is encouraged', too miserable for me anyway.
UBC-15X, 800XLT, 3500XLT, VT-225, Airspy R2/Mini/SDR#, RSP1A/SDR Uno

UK Radio Scanners Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451306941772699

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:15 am

Geoff, I don’t know if you were referring to this but it does state within the Scottish guidelines that travel should not be undertaken between Tier1 and Tier3(or above) areas, except for essential circumstances. Exercise or spotting is not deemed to be essential enough to warrant travelling between areas.

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:26 am

It's not our chip shop, we don't get to decide what's on the menu or how it gets cooked. The FC team does that for us.
We should be following the guidance to protect ourselves and be encouraging others to do the same.
I didn't think there was meant to be any discussion about the new FC rules?
(FYI - this is discussion about the discussion)

daggerfan

Post by daggerfan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:14 am

Presumably the discussion came about because Boris's lockdown plan isn't UK-wide, so why can't we post pics from Scotland, for example, if the lockdown only applies to England?

Surely clearer guidance could say "If your country is in lockdown please don't post pictures from airfields in that country".

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:26 am

Thunder wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:15 am
Geoff, I don’t know if you were referring to this but it does state within the Scottish guidelines that travel should not be undertaken between Tier1 and Tier3(or above) areas, except for essential circumstances. Exercise or spotting is not deemed to be essential enough to warrant travelling between areas.
Aye, i was reading a BBC, or maybe The Courier, article about it that i will look back over if i can, and while it did say not to move out with my Tier 3 area, the article did then contradict its self by mentioning i could for leisure purposes? :S My wife who didnt know about this, also had a conversation about this with a teacher colleague who said the same. Doesnt matter to me anyway as our plan is to stay within Dundee til after Cancelled Christmas. Would have been nice to catch the new Poseidon though.
Stay Safe.

Edit to quote from Dundee City Council site.....

It is also permitted to come into or leave the city for outdoor exercise, shared parenting and to attend weddings and funerals. You can travel into or out of Dundee between the two parts of an extended household, to provide care and assistance to a vulnerable person, or to avoid injury, illness or to escape a risk of harm.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Is it only Dundee City that's Tier3 or Tayside as a whole?

Ok found the answer to the above it's only Dundee that's Tier3 with all surrounding areas being in Tier2. Seems to be confusion from Dundee CC on what travel restrictions are applicable, as the Scottish Gov website states the following...

If you live in a Level 3 local authority area you should:

avoid any unnecessary travel out of the area
if you have to travel for essential purposes, follow the guidance on travelling safely below

which then says...

local outdoor informal exercise such as walking, cycling, golf, or running (in groups of up to 6 people from no more than 2 households) that starts and finishes at the same place

but then goes onto say...

travel locally (within around 5 miles of your local authority area) to reach a place to take exercise outdoors

:S :S

tm74sqn

Post by tm74sqn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Presumably anyone living in a Scottish Tier 3 area that includes a military airfield can go and have a look / take photos. Not sure about Tier 4 areas - or even if any T3 or T4 areas include an airfield!

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Nowhere in Scotland has been put into Tier 4 (yet) but the different Tiers (and which areas are in each one at present) can be found here :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53166816

The rules for each level can be found here :- https://www.gov.scot/publications/coron ... n-level-1/

The only 'proper' military airfield in Scotland is Lossiemouth - which is in Tier 1.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Paultojo

Post by Paultojo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:38 pm

ArabJazzie wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Paultojo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm
I thought you were in lockdown already?

Lockdown lite and then you have this from the NI Government rules-

"Travelling to outdoor spaces
Spending time outdoors is good for your physical and mental health. Physical activities, such as walking, running, cycling, horse riding, or just walking the dog, bring many health benefits.

You can travel for recreational purposes to outdoor open spaces such as a parks, forest parks and visitor attractions. Town centres remain open for business.

When using outdoor spaces, you should follow the rules and social distancing guidelines."

Not confusing at all lol
Paul
C&C always welcome

My images at Jetphotos.net

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Thunder wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:51 pm
Is it only Dundee City that's Tier3 or Tayside as a whole?

Ok found the answer to the above it's only Dundee that's Tier3 with all surrounding areas being in Tier2. Seems to be confusion from Dundee CC on what travel restrictions are applicable, as the Scottish Gov website states the following...

If you live in a Level 3 local authority area you should:

avoid any unnecessary travel out of the area
if you have to travel for essential purposes, follow the guidance on travelling safely below

which then says...

local outdoor informal exercise such as walking, cycling, golf, or running (in groups of up to 6 people from no more than 2 households) that starts and finishes at the same place

but then goes onto say...

travel locally (within around 5 miles of your local authority area) to reach a place to take exercise outdoors

:S :S
All i have in my head now is Boris saying, "Go out, Dont go out.........." Nae wonder people are getting hacked off with all of this! I shouldnt laugh, but.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay safe!

big john

Post by big john » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:50 am

From the government guidance for England: you can Travel to spend time outdoors. just maintain social distance.
rgds
BJ
Always Watching: Always Listening
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

markranger

Post by markranger » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 am

Question ( England based)

Can I drive my car, or use public transport, to get to an outdoor location for purposes of exercise?

Answer

Up to a point.

The government says you should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, and you should look to reduce the number of journeys you make. But it says you may “travel to exercise, if you need to make a short journey to do so”.

It says that you are encouraged to walk or cycle where possible, and to try to avoid busy times and routes on public transport.

So if you live close to an Airbase then technically some will argue that they you can go ,
If the airbase is outside your Local area then you can't

Personally i can't see how visiting an airfield is essential but some will say it is so.........

Simples.
Last edited by markranger on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 am

I fail to see how standing at the fence of an airfield is exercise.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

markranger

Post by markranger » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:33 am

Sparts99 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 am
I fail to see how standing at the fence of an airfield is exercise.
Same here fella.
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

big john

Post by big john » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:46 am

Taken from the new England restrictions.
11. Travel
"to spend time or exercise outdoors - this should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)"
Nothing about distance you need to travel or how you travel and no mention of any other rules that apply to this rule.
There is lots of advice in the new rules but there is nothing stopping you doing a Cummings and ignoring it.
another thing you can travel but must not stay overnight away from home but you can stay with your Bubble overnight. there are some more exceptions but they don't apply to travel for outdoor space
Last edited by big john on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgds
BJ
Always Watching: Always Listening
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

markranger

Post by markranger » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:01 am

big john wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:46 am
Taken from the new England restrictions.
11. Travel
"to spend time or exercise outdoors - this should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)"
Nothing about distance you need to travel or how you travel and no mention of any other rules that apply to this rule.
There is lots of advice in the new rules but there is nothing stopping you doing a Cummings and ignoring it.
But it says Locally wherever possible.?
So your closest area to where you live to exercise ?

like i say people will look at it in different ways, I would love a day out but my closest airfield is 1.5 hours away so to me i cant justify it.
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”