Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Facilities at Coningsby

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
mirage41

Re: Facilities at Coningsby

Post by mirage41 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:26 pm

reaper493 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm
Think the village loo's have been closed some time, they were never the cleanest either.
Not been since start of covid, but always found the public toilets in the main car park to be spotless - 17 years of usage.

My only comment might be, I'm 6ft 5in and if I want to use the facilities, my shoulders touch either wall.

100arw

Post by 100arw » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:45 pm

I thought I had seen a mark showing something had been dragging on the floor :-)

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:01 am

The public toilets were still closed yesterday. The toilets near the Co Op in Horncastle were open though.

Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:29 pm

I have always used for many years the public toilets in the Coningsby main car park. In the council's defence I have always found them to be clean and always provided with toilet paper at no charge. This is unlike most of the cities and towns of Yorkshire who have no public toilets at all. Public toilets have been closed down all over the UK mainly because of unsavery activities that often take place around them ! The council's and police have taken the easy way out by closing them instead of dealing with the problems. We are too soft and P.C. in this country by half !
One thing that has always amused me is that you can park free in Coninsby main town car park if you put in your car reg number at the machine? I have never come accross this anywhere else ! I do hope the Russian plane watchers comply ? :roll:
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Is the mound area open again? The last I heard about this place was that the farmer had blocked it off from the public. Whether his actions where an anti Covid measure (or he'd finally had enough of the idiots), I don't know.

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 pm

When I last visited, the mound area was open, the mound it self much lower than it was previously.
That visit was towards the end of May.

Mike

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 pm

roughcutter wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Is the mound area open again? The last I heard about this place was that the farmer had blocked it off from the public. Whether his actions where an anti Covid measure (or he'd finally had enough of the idiots), I don't know.
It was closed off up until at least a week ago from some photos I saw.
Was told at the time that he was fed-up with all the rubbish being left in the parking area so closed it off.
Classic Facebook-generation behaviour. Same thing happens every where they go!

Truly55

Post by Truly55 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Can anyone here confirm whether the public toilets in the car park in Coningsby are still closed?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/truly55/sets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truly55

Post by Truly55 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Heard back from the local council today and the car park toilets are still closed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/truly55/sets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gary1701

Post by gary1701 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:42 am

Gents,

Apologies for bringing a older thread back to life again but it seemed better than starting a fresh one. I may plan a trip up to Coningsby tomorrow, the first time since August last year. Can anybody local update on the current toilet situation and if it has changed since the summer? If the car park toilets are still closed has anybody recently used the ones mentioned at Tattershall? Any help appreciated.

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 am

What's the latest situation regarding the Mound? Has it shrunk any further? Or is the place still off limits? I'm hoping for a run out there sometime, probably May (Covid permitting).

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:10 pm

roughcutter wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 am
What's the latest situation regarding the Mound? Has it shrunk any further? Or is the place still off limits? I'm hoping for a run out there sometime, probably May (Covid permitting).
The mound has gone and the farmer tends to leave the entrance blocked with a piece of farm machinery (like a plough or something). I suppose you could park in the main viewing area and walk along the fence line if that's where you want to view the action from. :unsure:
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not! Remember this, do not try to imitate him.

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:31 pm

I guess he means business then, fair play to him.

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:37 pm

You can't blame him. Sadly due to the minority spoiling it for the masses, its getting more difficult for viewing at Coningsby in other areas too.
Daz

woody

Post by woody » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Afternoon.
Just in case anyone is interested the WC facilities in the town centre car park are open and fairly clean. Was up there today. The 07 carpark was a bit maxxed out at times but most people were socially distancing from what I saw. A very pleasant, if somewhat chilly day.

Regards
Steve

Stug298

Post by Stug298 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:27 pm

woody wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 pm
Afternoon.
Just in case anyone is interested the WC facilities in the town centre car park are open and fairly clean. Was up there today. The 07 carpark was a bit maxxed out at times but most people were socially distancing from what I saw. A very pleasant, if somewhat chilly day.

Regards
Steve
steve i have just looked on google earth to try and find the toilets in the town centre but couldn't see them could you give me a clue please ? cheers..stewart

Stug298

Post by Stug298 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Stug298 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:27 pm
woody wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 pm
Afternoon.

Regards
Steve
steve i have just looked on google earth to try and find the toilets in the town centre but couldn't see them could you give me a clue please ? cheers..stewart
please disregard my previous I've found them !!! cheers...

Return to “RAF Coningsby”