Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cobra Warrior Info

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
reaper493
Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Waddington

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by reaper493 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:58 pm

NOTAM recently posted for no diversions:

U3717/19 - NO ACTUAL DIVERSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS AIRCRAFT IS INVOLVED
IN EXERCISE COBRA WARRIOR. DURING THE NOTIFIED PERIOD THERE WILL BE
NO PRACTICE DIVERSIONS ACCEPETD DUE TO INCREASED FAST JET ACTIVITY. 29 AUG 07:00
2019 UNTIL 20 SEP 23:59 2019. CREATED: 28 AUG 09:15 2019

reaper493
Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Waddington

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by reaper493 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm

NOTAM for change of frequencies, tower and director have changed round.

U3757/19 - WADDINGTON UHF TOWER FREQUENCY WILL BE 378.5MHZ.
WADDINGTON DIRECTOR FREQUENCY WILL BE 256.67MHZ.
02 SEP 06:00 2019 UNTIL 19 SEP 17:00 2019. CREATED: 29 AUG 15:37 2019

Mike

User avatar
roughcutter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by roughcutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:28 am

Daft question I know; Have any crews been around the WAVE flogging patches (yet)? :whistle:
A woman phoned the BBC to say a hurricane is on the way. Well if you're listening, it isn't

reaper493
Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Waddington

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by reaper493 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am

Yes, the Germans have at least once and will be coming back. Understand the Italians will as well. Pretty sure the isrealis won't.

Mike

User avatar
roughcutter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by roughcutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 pm

reaper493 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am
Yes, the Germans have at least once and will be coming back. Understand the Italians will as well. Pretty sure the isrealis won't.

Mike
Ah ya never know, they're still enthusiasts at heart (these air force types), they can always trade by proxy....
A woman phoned the BBC to say a hurricane is on the way. Well if you're listening, it isn't

User avatar
Dan214sqn
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by Dan214sqn » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:06 am

Which RAF squadron is taking part in the Ex? I think it has been 29 in previous years

Campbell89
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by Campbell89 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:27 am

roughcutter wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:28 am
Daft question I know; Have any crews been around the WAVE flogging patches (yet)? :whistle:
It’s been put up on Twitter that both German and Italians will be at WAVE at 1pm today with coins and patches.

User avatar
Thunder
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by Thunder » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:17 pm

It’ll be crews from all RAF Typhoon Sqns will it not?

User avatar
herc15
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 am
Location: in that place... like right here

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by herc15 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 am

Does anyone know if there will be aircraft departing on friday 20th (which i understand is the last day of the exercise) or are they more likely to be departing the following week?

User avatar
roughcutter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by roughcutter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 pm

herc15 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 am
Does anyone know if there will be aircraft departing on friday 20th (which i understand is the last day of the exercise) or are they more likely to be departing the following week?
Not certain but I've heard it mentioned that the Israelis will be departing on Thursday(19th), the Germans & Italians the following day. Most of the support will be departing on the w/c Mon 23rd. DSTM :)
A woman phoned the BBC to say a hurricane is on the way. Well if you're listening, it isn't

colt99
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by colt99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 pm

roughcutter wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 pm
herc15 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 am
Does anyone know if there will be aircraft departing on friday 20th (which i understand is the last day of the exercise) or are they more likely to be departing the following week?
Not certain but I've heard it mentioned that the Israelis will be departing on Thursday(19th), the Germans & Italians the following day. Most of the support will be departing on the w/c Mon 23rd. DSTM :)
Might be linked to this post in NOTAM section
viewtopic.php?f=139&t=180674
As I understand it though, last day of the exercise is Friday

grimm31
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:45 am
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by grimm31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 am

Also worth bearing in mind that in Israel the weekend is Fri and Sat.

User avatar
herc15
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 am
Location: in that place... like right here

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by herc15 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:01 am

OK Thanks Guys :thumbs:

User avatar
roughcutter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by roughcutter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm

grimm31 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 am
Also worth bearing in mind that in Israel the weekend is Fri and Sat.
Jewish Sabbath is on a Saturday.
A woman phoned the BBC to say a hurricane is on the way. Well if you're listening, it isn't

User avatar
youth
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by youth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:53 pm

'IF' the Israelis do depart on Thursday does anyone know/think they will be flying missions on Wednesday this week?

User avatar
plmc135
Posts: 1426
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by plmc135 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:08 am

roughcutter wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm
grimm31 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 am
Also worth bearing in mind that in Israel the weekend is Fri and Sat.
Jewish Sabbath is on a Saturday.
Not quite correct old bean. It actually starts at sunset on Friday through to sunset on Saturday.

Rob666
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by Rob666 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Good afternoon,

Anyone know if the F15's will be flying tomorrow if the rumoured departure of Thursday becomes true?

Regards

Rob

User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by LN Strike Eagle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Rob666 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Good afternoon,

Anyone know if the F15's will be flying tomorrow if the rumoured departure of Thursday becomes true?

Regards

Rob
Hmm, just had that same thought myself actually. :S

DEREK SMITH
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by DEREK SMITH » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Israeli B707 264 crossing the chanel en route Waddington now

Heatseeker
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Cobra Warrior Info

Post by Heatseeker » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm

2 x C130J's Israeli 667 and 668 on ADSB currently heading north over Italy.

Post Reply

Return to “RAF Waddington”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DeanW, Echo3d, EGVP, reaper493, RichBro, TB1 and 3 guests