Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
IanH

Re: Ex Cobra Warrior parking restrictions

Post by IanH » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 pm

So typical now in the UK. Let’s not embrace this event. You can’t do this, that and everything else. This stuff is becoming a joke now. When it suits anything goes. The HAF don’t have a problem during Inihios.

paul langshaw

Post by paul langshaw » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:00 pm

There is an alternative, why don't the RAF/MOD organize some kind of photo call like they used to do in the 90s, and a charge £20-00 for the privilege, all moneys raised go to RAF and local Charities, they were well organised and very popular amongst the aviation community. I know that times have changed and security is tight since the new assets have been put in place. The RAF/MOD can lock away those assets that they don't want you to see. The aircraft in question can be assembled on the North side Taxiway.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm

yes and on top of all that along come the Elf and safety
Comfortably Numb

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Dave934 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm
Supra wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Good Luck to anybody that can get to photograph Israeli operational jets for only a fiver elsewhere? Suck-it up or stay at home! :lol:
All you're going to photograph is the back of peoples heads without the use of steps, unless you can camp at the hedge line all night.... :@
Can't say I'm happy about any of this, I was really looking forward to the exercise but I'm not going to travel over 3 hours each way NOT to get photos.
The last time I was at Waddington you needed steps and it wasn't five deep with people at the time, like it will be for this.
Dave.
The reverse side of this is all that people at the back would be seeing is loads of window cleaners on their ladders :ninja: Banning ladders is an excellent idea means it is the same for all and not a self interested few; if you want to use a ladder go at the back of everyone.

donegalone

Post by donegalone » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:59 pm

If. the Israeli s. weren't. coming. you would not have all these changes. and 5. pounds seems fair to me

_alphabravo

Post by _alphabravo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Booked a hotel for 3 days for this, hopefully on one of the days I will get some decent shots.. See you all there!

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 pm

If the RAF are going to impose an entry charge of £5 per head for the WAVE, then why not open up the top end crash gate and have a park & view again? It would certainly make more sense, be much safer for everyone and possibly make a much greater return.

POL

Post by POL » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 pm

How can the cost of marshalling at the WAVE be ok, but on base not? That's the best bit of BS I've read on here in months 😂

PR9

Post by PR9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:05 pm

The banning of ladders outside the fence/A15 verges is complete overkill IMHO. That's the main bug bear for me as the fence is too high without them and as long as you're not directly under the approach etc can't see the issue? Can see the WAVE being a bunfight with ladders all down the side fence which only gives a very small space if people turn up in volumes.

Not so bothered about the fiver entry, although it does seem a little dubious of this being imposed by the RAF/Lincs police if they are not prepared to open the top gate. After all it surely would be easier/more secure to have everyone in one place?

Does feel a little bit like our rights are being taken under the veil of "health & safety".
Do not blame the WAVE though and will pop down for a bacon butty when it calms down a bit.

Maybe someone on the fence can give me a donkey ride in absence of ladders? :lol:
MISSING - x1 Air Force.
If found please return to the UK.

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:15 pm

The W.A.V.E wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:38 pm
roughcutter wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 pm
If the RAF are going to impose an entry charge of £5 per head for the WAVE, then why not open up the top end crash gate and have a park & view again? It would certainly make more sense, be much safer for everyone and possibly make a much greater return.

This has been discussed by the base, but I believe insurance costs and cost of security and marshalling, have prevented this.

Jihn
Will the WAVE be insured?

mikepam69

Post by mikepam69 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:43 pm

Im quite happy to take my ladders and stay a fair distance from the fence,but then im considerate and appreciate other spotters.However there are 6-10 selfish individuals who will ramp their ladders tight up to the fence and say stuff the rest of you.This hobby is being ruined by the same few people and its only going to get worse.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Don’t see what all the fuss is about, they’re not banning ladders full stop, only adjacent to the perimeter fence which makes sense. Don’t understand why people feel the need to use a ladder when they’re already at the front to start with. Don’t have a problem with the £5 entry either, although what if it rains, do we get refunded :whistle:

Edit: Just looked on Google Earth, has the fence been changed recently as it still looks the same as when I was last at Waddington, and can’t remember any issues.

Northsky

Post by Northsky » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 am

Instead of using ladders why not get bigger lenses ?

Thunderbolt II

Post by Thunderbolt II » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:09 am

Northsky wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 am
Instead of using ladders why not get bigger lenses ?
With built in periscope feature?

Northsky

Post by Northsky » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 am

You can buy them from the Navy they have old subs ready to be recycled. Seriously its a shame that so many have to have their own way. Everyone knows their "rights".

baz1

Post by baz1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 am

John could always do a side line in highering stilts out!!
Comfortably Numb

Freeman Lowell

Post by Freeman Lowell » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:41 am

baz1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 am
John could always do a side line in highering stilts out!!
Nice play on words!
Freeman
Sometimes I talk to myself, then we both laugh and laugh.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:23 am

Had booked 4 day off for this on the second week,going to fun .lol
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

100arw

Post by 100arw » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:26 am

I think most have overlooked the additional problems that will be caused if protesters from the likes of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, and the Campaign Against Arms Trade attend, who started complaining about the exercise back in January.
P.

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:41 am

For all those booking leave/hotels etc, don't forget that if the exercise runs as per previous years then flying will be limited to Mon, Wed and Fri mornings only. There has occasionally been some movements outside of this period but this has been very hit and miss and usually only involved one or two aircraft (instead of the various waves that participate in the actual exercise). Just something to bear in mind, especially as this limits the opportunities for seeing some activity, even though the exercise is on for 3 weeks.

Return to “RAF Waddington”