Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Unacceptable comments at Yeovilton

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
mudhen15

Unacceptable comments at Yeovilton

Post by mudhen15 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 pm

If I upset anyone else, I apologise but having slept on it I still feel very angry.

While waiting for the gate to open at 9,there was a lady at the front who was moaning that the disabled people were getting priority. Her comments that upset me were 'they not all disabled'

This is wrong on 2 main counts, firstly does she want to separate the carer,helper or families from the person involved. And secondly, not all disabilities are visible.

Mudhen

lozza

Re: Unacceptable comments at Yeovilton

Post by lozza » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Well you could of grown a pair and gone and had a word, rather than moan like everybody does now on SM.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes he could have done so but maybe had valid reasons not to intervene.

Mudhen - fully agree with you on this. Pure selfishness on her part. Why people have to be so unpleasant and often aggressive in such situations is beyond me.

Supra

Post by Supra » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Plain truth is that there will always be people with limited understanding or considerations for those with mobility issues. Such persons are most unlikely to be swayed by confrontational words from an irritated stranger like 'mudhen15', especially if they're already enraged by perceived injustice. As with everything there will always be those that take the proverbial, but that's the nature of the situation. Whether it be a prosthetic leg or unseen Angina I can feel my blood pressure rise when I see people park with a Blue Badge at the Supermarket, then run to the store because it's raining! :O

mudhen15

Post by mudhen15 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Iozza
My pair are fully grown, and work fine thanks. As there were a few people between us, didn't think it would be appreciated by others to do so. Also, hoping she is on here and realises how wrong she was.
As she will be working at RIAT as security, not really an acceptable way thinking.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 pm

I wonder what RIAT would think if that kind of behaviour were to be displayed at their event by a member of their team?
Last edited by Nighthawke on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Should have told her carers get in for free and really wound her up.

Brian

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm

mudhen15 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:38 pm
Iozza
My pair are fully grown, and work fine thanks. As there were a few people between us, didn't think it would be appreciated by others to do so. Also, hoping she is on here and realises how wrong she was.
As she will be working at RIAT as security, not really an acceptable way thinking.
How do you know she will be at RIAT?

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:47 pm

who said she Will be at RIAT I suggest you reread Nighthawke's post again!!
Comfortably Numb

mudhen15

Post by mudhen15 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Because she made a point of mentioning it several times while talking to the forces personnel on the gate, when there was a guy who thought he didn't have to queue because he had an enclosure pass.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:54 pm

that's made it more clear now!
Comfortably Numb

Hurrican

Post by Hurrican » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi i am disabled i dont want to be but have no choise i was told by yeovilton helpline ro whom i spoke that you go to gate where the disabled were queing i also have a carer but i had to pay full price for him not a freebie i am willing to que up like everyone else but i also saw normal people walk in with disabled and across into walking que to miss the big que. :@

Hurrican

Post by Hurrican » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Ps i miss the ques you had a laugh and joke with others that share your intrest passion and you learn a little too airshow people are good people ive never know someone not willing to help anyone at a show keep it up guys airshows are dying out fast this is my 34th year doing well i think..

UKADGE

Post by UKADGE » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Working for security at RIAT... normally a Military role. With an attitude like that she will not last long on the staff at Fairford.
I FEAR NOTHING 'NIL TIME' 501 SQUADRON MOTO.

KIT MVT-7100 BCT 15X and indispensable VOXCorder on PC

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 am

I have never had problems at Yeovilton my wife suffers with MS and is either in a wheelchair or on a mobility scooter and I am her able bodied carer. We arrived at about 8.45 and were ushered into the disabled queue no problem. I must admit I do get some odd looks at times as once we are in the disabled enclosure it is me that walks out and gets the refreshments and I'm sure people look at me and wonder why I am walking about in and out of the disabled area being able bodied. Although the disabled area is free space is limited and you do have to apply and there are no concessions on ticket prices.

BMrider

Post by BMrider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 am

I am a blue badge holder and have to use the facilities at RIat and other events where offered, I dont "Look" disabled, I dont need a wheelchair or a carer and would appear quite normal to anybody, I have a lung condition which means I cant walk very far without finding it difficult to breathe, particularly if carrying anything, Riat are quite strict about proving your disability so rest assured anyone using the disabled facilities there would have good reason.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65081372@N04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Chat”