Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
paddyboy

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

Post by paddyboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:32 am

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum Nick :thumbs:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

pyked79

Post by pyked79 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Ok first its nice to be back. Who am I??. Well a few years back I contributed to this site , mostly to the scanning side and military air band related issues When for some unknown reason was taken off for not putting enough effort into the site. I also contributed to other bits on this site including Conningsy and Waddington. I dont like to gripe but when looking at the off log in ( bits without logging in), some members were just still on here by just giving the nod to other members, eg like that nice picture,ect ect. While I was taken off. I can not understand why this was allowed to go on, and was unfair. The same was applied to Me been a member of Civillian Aviation. You can only say the same thing so many times. I did try to re log in, could not. I think if the administrator takes a member off the site, ALL POSTS by them should be deleted, as it is the X-member comments, and the admin are then using it without their permission. I found mine still been seen and could not comment on what other members said, after been deleted. Gripe over........

I did in the past have a good post with Rich C about scanning and channelizing of scanners.

I think the site is a great site despite what I have just said above, and I will contribute as much as I can to it were possible. My forty is still air band and military aircraft as well as general chat, and I am willing to help any one who needs help..

Right who am I?

My old username was Airfixpilot

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu May 30, 2019 3:31 am

Welcome back :thumbs:

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

pyked79

Post by pyked79 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:16 am

Thanks Paddyboy

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 am

pyked79 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Ok first its nice to be back. Who am I??. Well a few years back I contributed to this site , mostly to the scanning side and military air band related issues When for some unknown reason was taken off for not putting enough effort into the site. I also contributed to other bits on this site including Conningsy and Waddington. I dont like to gripe but when looking at the off log in ( bits without logging in), some members were just still on here by just giving the nod to other members, eg like that nice picture,ect ect. While I was taken off. I can not understand why this was allowed to go on, and was unfair. The same was applied to Me been a member of Civillian Aviation. You can only say the same thing so many times. I did try to re log in, could not. I think if the administrator takes a member off the site, ALL POSTS by them should be deleted, as it is the X-member comments, and the admin are then using it without their permission. I found mine still been seen and could not comment on what other members said, after been deleted. Gripe over........

I did in the past have a good post with Rich C about scanning and channelizing of scanners.

I think the site is a great site despite what I have just said above, and I will contribute as much as I can to it were possible. My forty is still air band and military aircraft as well as general chat, and I am willing to help any one who needs help..

Right who am I?

My old username was Airfixpilot
Good morning Mr. pyked79,

I think that you're jumping to a lot of conclusions by saying this, I've checked the CivilianAviation account for "airfixpilot", it still exists and you probably just need a member of Admin to reset the password for you. Your "airfixpilot" FC account also still exists (it shows in the member's list and the username is in blue), so a simple password reset should be all that's required to get you logged in to that account too.
Just PM a member of Admin on both sites and we'll be able to sort things out for you.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

andyb222

Post by andyb222 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am

Hi, I'm Andy, originally from Manchester, but living in Australia for the last 14 years. My nearest airport is Avalon, so I see plenty of action at airshow time, but not very much in the 2 years between shows. I've great memories of the UK airshow and spotting scene from the late 1980s to the early 2000s, and found some awesome logs and photos on FC from those days. I'm signing up to FC, as my UK visits are getting a bit more frequent, hopefully making a couple of airshows this summer and also a quick trip or two to the Mildenhall/Lakenheath area as well. I think this year's Avalon was very well covered by other people on FC, but I'll be trawling through the old tie-up requests on the very slight chance I can help.

Sheikhy

Post by Sheikhy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi
I became a spotter many many years ago thanks to a copy of J.W.R.Taylor's Civil Aircraft Markings (1971 edition).

The other helping hand was my father, who needed no excuse to adopt aircraft spotting as one of his hobbies, meaning that transport (a car) was also available. :thumbs:

We started with airliners at Heathrow, moved on to Gatwick and then smaller airfields, chasing the UK civil register. At this stage military aviation was an afterthought. For a start, where would you find information such as lists of serials? Plus struggling to read difficult serials on fast moving fighter jets didn't really appeal.

Then father discovered a place called called Mildenhall, with gurt big USAF transports looking vaguely similar to civil airliners. Before such things as the M25 and M11, this was a four hour drive (each way) but that is where we spent most Saturdays.

By the time I left school I had spent far too many hours on the road, and too many hours waiting for nothing to happen at Mildenhall on a foggy winter's day, so as soon as I found a girl and left home, I dropped aircraft spotting.

For decades I still looked at aircraft as they flew over, or as I passed through an airport. Sometimes I even wrote down serials, and passed them on to my father. Mostly I concentrated on bringing up a family.

Fast forward forty years, and here I am in mid Norfolk, right under the main traffic route for Lakenheath F-15s and the inevitable CV-22s (day and night). I even made the effort to go along to Marham to see the last few days of the Tornado, but that's mostly it for me now.

All I have got is memories of the 70's, and my father's logbooks to help remind me of all the stuff I have forgotten. Oh, and the occasional up to date observation such as being surprised how quiet a B-52 can be when it's con-trailing. I had always assumed eight J-57s would have made more noise than that, but it could have been a Ryanair B738. :unsure:

Sheikhy

wclark1238

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself h⁹ere.

Post by wclark1238 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 am

Hi all. New victim reporting for forum duties :-)

I live and work in Wigan and have always been an aviation enthusiast. My first 11 years were spent on various USAF bases as we moved as a family according to wherever my dad was stationed.

I myself spent 7 terrific years serving in the USAF working on ECM systems on B-52Gs at Andersen AFB in Guam and on sensor systems on TR-1/U-2s at RAF Alconbury.

I now work outside of the aviation sector but maintain a keen interest in the subject nevertheless. Happy to be on here to keep up with news and views.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:51 pm

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum, guys :thumbs:

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

wclark1238

Post by wclark1238 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:51 pm
Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum, guys :thumbs:

Cheers paddyboy!

Philly1971

Post by Philly1971 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi All. Been a reader of the site for quite a while and finally got around to joining a few months ago. I live close to North Weald with the occasional Jet Provost and Gnats coming over the house, which is always nice. Been into aviation since visiting air shows in the 80s, with Milldenhall and Bentwaters particular favourites. Fell in love with the F15 upon first seeing it take off at Bentwaters, and it’s still my favourite today. Unfortunately working in the city prevents too much time viewing aircraft but I do take time off to visit Lakenheath about once a month, and visited Coningsby for the first time last week, which was surprisingly good. Anyway, enough about me, and I have bumped into a few members of this site while chatting at Lakenheath, so hello to them, and to everyone else!

C24

Post by C24 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 am

Good day to all the Newbies ✈️

Isn't it amazing? 18923 members on the forum. :)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum, Philly :P

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello all, I've just returned to the site following a long absence. Many thanks to the staff for facilitating my return. Hello to all old and new members. :thumb: :thumb:
Aviation - “You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.” :thumb:

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:54 pm

GOOSE wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 pm
Hello all, I've just returned to the site following a long absence. Many thanks to the staff for facilitating my return. Hello to all old and new members. :thumb: :thumb:
Nurse! Goose is out of his bed again.............

:lol: :whistle:

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Cheers Flapsy whappsy
Aviation - “You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.” :thumb:

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 pm

Oh Lord................ :roll:

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:00 pm

Welcome back Goose!

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Cheers Bud

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:45 am

Yahay :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome back, ol' matey :thumb:

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Return to “The Newbie Forum”