Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Muckleburgh Tank & AFV Collection Question(s)....

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Hornchurch

Muckleburgh Tank & AFV Collection Question(s)....

Post by Hornchurch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:38 am

'

Feel pretty sad for having to ask this, as I find their latest website is a crock of $hite, but....

Are Muckleburgh having an "Open Day" either this year (2019), or perhaps next-year ?????? Also, "if" so, then when ?

In previous decades I've been to several of their "Open Day(s)" & had a thoroughly good time (& frankly, blessed with good-weather)

Enjoyed the one in June 2014 the best, as it was scorching-hot & got to see the M.24 Chaffee smoking about the circuit.

Sadly, for me, a motorcycle accident last-year left me rather crocked, so I don't get about quite so well thesedays, as I once did.

Given that airshows thesedays are thin on the ground (as compared what they used to be), I'd really enjoy an "Open Day" again.

Whilst their current (lame), website does give postcode, times, etc, it DOES give a tantalizing glimpse, that fades rapidly....saying...

"See FREE EVENTS on MUSEUM page" - So I go click M.P , only to find entry-prices, phone etc. but sweet-fuggall regarding aforesaid 'Events'

Don't much see the point in "ringing the shop", speaking to some ol' blue-rinse granny, who doesn't know a Covenantor from a A.34 Comet.

Figured there MUST be a few lads here who ARE fans of armour & AFV's, half-tracks, tanks, whatever, who might know the score ?

Having been inside the museum about 5-6 times now, I'm only really interested in 'Live Demonstration', particularly any "Open Day//Weekend"

P.S = Please excuse my jaded approach, as I'm getting old now (PMSL)

passat man

Re: Muckleburgh Tank & AFV Collection Question(s)....

Post by passat man » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:48 am

I go to Weybourne quite a bit and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of advertising of events.

Suggest you give them a call, may be the only way

Hornchurch

Re: Muckleburgh Tank & AFV Collection Question(s)....

Post by Hornchurch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 am

passat man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:48 am

I go to Weybourne quite a bit and there doesnt seem to be much in the way of advertising of events.

Suggest you give them a call, may be the only way
'

Cheers for the swift-reply, albeit that it'd mean going down the "blue-rinse-old-dear-clueless" route, as I'd mentioned above.

You think they'd even have at least "a", or "some" form of e-mail contact via the site... (& if there "is", I sure as hell ain't found it)

My general 'fear' is, that they've probably (knowing my luck), "knocked the open days" (weekends), on the head (it used to be free-entrance)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into blagging it just coz it's "free" (no objection to paying).

It's rather that, on the "Open Days" (June weekends) that I've been in the past, they've had Trade-stalls, which adds to the interest (greatly)

One stall was even selling the Corgi Short Stirling(s) at £90.00 a pop, as opposed to the hike they've had now, thesedays (circa £150.00)

Battle re-enactments, plus other such $hite that just adds to the general interest level & makes it worth the travel.

Return to “General Chat”