Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New member questions about shuttleworth

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
d4nhardy

New member questions about shuttleworth

Post by d4nhardy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this page and was wondering if theres any good viewing areas around the Shuttleworth aerodrome as I seen that the red arrows will be there?
Thanks Daniel

Nighthawke

Re: New member questions about shuttleworth

Post by Nighthawke » Thu May 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi Daniel an welcome to the friendly forum. I'm not familiar with Old Warden but like most events I would thinks that most roads would be coned to prevent parking. I would suggest paying to go in and experience the event from inside.

I am sure someone will share more info if available.

d4nhardy

Post by d4nhardy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks Nighthawke. I live close to duxford and dont always go in as you can get a good view near by. Like you say might be worth just paying to go in to get the best view.

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Fri May 10, 2019 6:08 am

Hi Daniel, not sure about off airfield viewing but think they are mainly smaller country roads so probably well policed to keep clear. But can recommend on fielding viewing some truly unique aircraft, an amazing atmosphere that you don't get anywhere else & there curved flight line meaning a different view of the aircraft. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Jakdaw

d4nhardy

Post by d4nhardy » Fri May 10, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks Jakdaw. By the sounds of it be definitely worth going In and seeing their amazing plane collection up close and for the curved flight as that will give some different pictures. Thanks again

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri May 10, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum, we have a sister site called CivilianAviation which has lots of photo threads that have been taken at Old Warden. They'll give you an idea of the great photo opportunities from inside the airfield. :)
They can be found on this page within CA :- https://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/foru ... m.php?f=73
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

d4nhardy

Post by d4nhardy » Fri May 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi Mike, thank you really appreciated that. Always handy to see others pictures as hopefully makes it easier for me 😀 just looked and you can really get some awesome pictures there hopefully mine will turn out good enough

Return to “The Newbie Forum”