Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Retro Time

Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic photos in here please.
jaybee

Retro Time

Post by jaybee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 am

A couple of old slides from the 1990s, nothing special and you might have seen them before. This time copied though from the light of an i-pad .I had heard of this used on another forum
and decided to try it out. As you can see the copies are not too shabby and the right amount of light from the I-pad helps...

ImageTornado F3/11Sqn/ZE764/Waddington by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageLuftwaffe-Phantom RF-4E/Waddington 1992 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageXV393 McDonnell-Douglas F-4M Phantom FGR.2/Coningsby by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageA10 Thunderbolt/Alconbury-1991 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageTornado F3/Waddington-1992 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Oh the games people play now :ninja:

paddyboy

Re: Retro Time

Post by paddyboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi John :P

They have come out top scran, buddy :thumbs:

Hope you are keeping ok :thumb:

Best regards from east of the Tas :lol:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi Paddy,

Good to hear from you mate :thumb: and I hope you are nicely settled in your new location/home.
One more from my i-pad device, the Comet Canopus, dropping on to RWY 02 late afternoon , on arrivals Friday at RAF Finingley.
I guess that show would have been on your list for sure, it certainly dragged in some lovely stuff.

See you for now mate , and I'm off to check the map :unsure: to see the where the river Tas runs , from and to! :thumb:

ImageXS235 - De Havilland DH-106 Comet 4C/RAF Finingley by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Rob666

Post by Rob666 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi John they are very nice pics and love the tall steps you used for the F3 shot.
Small question how did you use the IPad to achieve these scans.
Cheers.
Rob

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Check this link out Rob, it will give you a good idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FfUI-lcudg good luck..JB

Knife 04

Post by Knife 04 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Great stuff JayBee - looks like the new technique is paying dividends there - great results mate

Really like that A-10

Thanks for posting these up

Darren

F3

Post by F3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Very nice John and the 1st is a different angle on David Hamilton's F3!

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 pm

I was pleased the slides drew a bit of interest, especially for the way in which they were done.
This sort of copying will reduce the cost a hell of a lot for the chaps , on low budgets and possibly just using compact, bridge or even a phone to copy.
I first started doing this thing ages ago , using a bridge camera, Sony 200 ,as they have a built in Macro facility.
I even tried to flog the idea for a small home made Gizmo to one of "Your fired" gang design team, I :unsure: could not afford the production, or patent cost.

But the ideas out there now and the big people could have jumped on it. :whistle: Never mind, its good a lot of people have opted to do this and
it will only be a matter of time flatbed scanners will see their day in the stores. BTW Mick I was on top of a hangar roof to get that F3 shot of Diddy David's plane.
Thanks for the interest anyway(now to find an easier way to photo-shop things)...I know, get someone else to do it ... :roll:

Return to “Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic Photography”