Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

07 end today, RAF Police.

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
reaper493

07 end today, RAF Police.

Post by reaper493 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Did any one else have the pleasure of being spoken to by an RAF Corporal police officer down the 07 end today?

He came and told all of us on ladders that we weren't allowed to use them as we would be above the fence and could get hit by jet blast..... (we were all stood behind the wooden fence, so not behind the runway).

Everyone of course obliged, until he wasn't looking then carried on.

Just someone wanting to throw their weight around I guess.

How ever, he did not move the people stood directly behind the runway (behind the Red and white fence) or the blue vauxhall mokka, parked on the double yellows bang on the centre line. Both of these seem far more dangerous than what I and many others were doing, at either side of the runway.

Neither did he return to move people stodd directly under the approach when the 26 jets returned.

Didn't really have an affect on the day, just found the actions really odd.

Mike

paulh

Re: 07 end today, RAF Police.

Post by paulh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi Mike

Yes I also had the pleasure of the 'Jobsworth on a power trip' shouting at us as well.
Why he never came upto us before the jets turned up I'll never know - this resulted in him shouting at everyone and appearing quite arrogant at the time.
I was stood next to the wooden fence - if people were stood behind the metal red/white fence I could see his point but not where we were.
Fortunately I only missed 2 jets departing but managed to get them returning later.
Like you said good Job he never came back!!

Paul.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 pm

I thought since you aren't a) on military property and b) aren't military personnel that MOD Police have absolutely no authority over you as you are a civilian?

milky_01

Post by milky_01 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 pm

It was nice and quite down Reedham Lane, Just the four of us.

Regards

Kevin
Coningsby website http://milky01.co.uk
Follow Me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/milky01

tailslides

Post by tailslides » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Yes, there were two youngsters waffling on about jetblast, making totally dumb statements that were laughable.

Mind you, I was blown off the old 1980's wooden fence by a gaggle of Hawks a long time ago, that was a bit of fun and they had a whole lot more blow than todays Typhoons.

Ghastly Whisper

Post by Ghastly Whisper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 pm

First of all, there is a big difference between a Snowdrop (RAF Plod) and MOD Plod. Snowdrops have absolutely no power over anybody outside of the fence. Mod plod on the other hand have just as much power as a normal police officer both inside and outside the wire.

The Snowdrop concerned here is just blowing hot air, he probably had a bollocking this morning for not fitting anyone up on charges over the weekend, or he got refused access to a lumpy jumper during the weekends bops. Either way if he didnt call anyone sir or speak in a general friendly term somebody should have taken his name and reported him to the dog section for further advanced training.

No big deal at all, by chance was he stopped at red lights inside the base?

At somepoint in his life, he may realise why he has no friends, but I wouldnt bet on that.
Growing old disgracefully

aircharter

Post by aircharter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Hello, yes I had the brunt of this victim of a prank as I see it, I told him he had no jurisdiction outside the fence and he said he would contact CIVPOL (civil police) and I informed him they would take no interest, further words took place and he moved towards the Battle of Britain end and tried to bully others until the Police van crewed by two ladies who were laughing at him when he was picked up. I saw him on his mobile and suspected he was given a cold shoulder by civpol. This was a memorous day and celebrated by everyone at Coningsby today, the station encourages enthusiasts with the BBMF flight and signage around the station asking enthusiasts to take their rubbish home and the parking facilities. The person responsible for creating this disgusting attempt to spoil everyone's couple of two hours today needs to be reprehended and suffer a rank reduction .

JONLITE06

Post by JONLITE06 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 am

He certainly seemed to have a strange unfriendly attitude!

starfighter

Post by starfighter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

Him and his female side kick had no affect at all to all those by the red and white metal fence, Got down as asked they moved on ,gut back up and shoot the departures ,
There is a saying , something to do with chocolate fire guards and ash trays on on bike and one other to do with breasts on a
SNAKE :lol: :lol: .

LCM

Post by LCM » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 am

Think I met him at Brize las year !!!!!

PR9

Post by PR9 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 am

Probably the same numpty that accused me of making the holes in the fence at CG4 that have been there donkeys years. :roll:
MISSING - x1 Air Force.
If found please return to the UK.

R1nger

Post by R1nger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:37 pm

It's hard to bust an LAC acting Corporal any lower than he already is. For 'acting' that probably should read 'pretending'
George

Remember that sorry is the hardest word - unless you're Chinese, then it's squirrel

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 pm

aircharter wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm
Hello, yes I had the brunt of this victim of a prank as I see it, I told him he had no jurisdiction outside the fence and he said he would contact CIVPOL (civil police) and I informed him they would take no interest, further words took place and he moved towards the Battle of Britain end and tried to bully others until the Police van crewed by two ladies who were laughing at him when he was picked up. I saw him on his mobile and suspected he was given a cold shoulder by civpol. This was a memorous day and celebrated by everyone at Coningsby today, the station encourages enthusiasts with the BBMF flight and signage around the station asking enthusiasts to take their rubbish home and the parking facilities. The person responsible for creating this disgusting attempt to spoil everyone's couple of two hours today needs to be reprehended and suffer a rank reduction .
This attitude and approach serves no purpose what so ever, even if he was wrong just go along with him and when he disappears go back to do what you where doing in the first place. To try and ridicule and tell someone their job won't get you far after all he may very well have been acting on orders from someone far above himself. Respect and be respected.

powerslave

Post by powerslave » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Thunder wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 pm
aircharter wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm
This attitude and approach serves no purpose what so ever, even if he was wrong just go along with him and when he disappears go back to do what you where doing in the first place. To try and ridicule and tell someone their job won't get you far after all he may very well have been acting on orders from someone far above himself. Respect and be respected.
Well obviously he didn’t show any respect to anyone outside the fence,so likewise.
I just wish he would have spoken to me like that.

Ian

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Maybe it was because some saw fit to demean him that others got the brunt, and why do you wish he spoke to you like that?

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Try that sort of response in any other country and you will probably get locked up! Yes he may have been, in your opinion, a jumped-up jobsworth but he is doing his job. Would you do the same at Lakenheath? Arguing with the other side of the fence is only going to put what we have in this country at risk.

tailslides

Post by tailslides » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:49 am

Nighthawke wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm
Try that sort of response in any other country and you will probably get locked up! Yes he may have been, in your opinion, a jumped-up jobsworth but he is doing his job. Would you do the same at Lakenheath? Arguing with the other side of the fence is only going to put what we have in this country at risk.
Lakenheath has had instances of some of the daftest security police over the years, so yes is the answer. 99% of them know we are their additional line of defence but the odd new guy fresh out of training sometimes makes a total ass of themselves.

Vulture 01

Post by Vulture 01 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm

A couple of thoughts on the previous posts;
1 A few years ago, Norwich Airport hosted the Red Arrows for a local air show. As usual the fence was packed as they went out. One person, getting off their ladder, tripped over the curb and twisted an ankle. They then successfully sued the airport for damages. I know this for a fact as, working at one of the flying schools, I had a standing instruction from the chief instructor to ask spotters to leave the area around the school if they didn't desist in using step ladders.

2 The military, like many other organisations, enjoy a bit of humour. A favorite trick is to 'wind up' a new, or unpopular, colleague. Maybe this happened here.

Finally, I seem to recall that military authority can extend beyond the fence onto land surrounding the airfield. Again, this was supported by notices that used to be on the fence at Mildenhall a few years back. I've been on a part of the fence at Marham when a RAF policeman came along. His attitude was quite polite, with a request for me and my mate to move along; when someone says 'I'd really appreciate it if you would co-operate and movce away from this part of the base' it does encourage co-operation, doesn't it. You can try getting aggressive, BUT, they can find ways of messing up the hobby. Think about all that sheeting that was fixed to the Mildenhall fence. Do you really want that at Coningsby as well?

The choice is up to you.......

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am

He was probably just a new boy having a bad day, happens to all of us sooner or later. Next time you see him, will be as nice as pie... :)

johnhowe

Post by johnhowe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Vulture 01 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm
A couple of thoughts on the previous posts;
1 A few years ago, Norwich Airport hosted the Red Arrows for a local air show. As usual the fence was packed as they went out. One person, getting off their ladder, tripped over the curb and twisted an ankle. They then successfully sued the airport for damages. I know this for a fact as, working at one of the flying schools, I had a standing instruction from the chief instructor to ask spotters to leave the area around the school if they didn't desist in using step ladders.

2 The military, like many other organisations, enjoy a bit of humour. A favorite trick is to 'wind up' a new, or unpopular, colleague. Maybe this happened here.

Finally, I seem to recall that military authority can extend beyond the fence onto land surrounding the airfield. Again, this was supported by notices that used to be on the fence at Mildenhall a few years back. I've been on a part of the fence at Marham when a RAF policeman came along. His attitude was quite polite, with a request for me and my mate to move along; when someone says 'I'd really appreciate it if you would co-operate and movce away from this part of the base' it does encourage co-operation, doesn't it. You can try getting aggressive, BUT, they can find ways of messing up the hobby. Think about all that sheeting that was fixed to the Mildenhall fence. Do you really want that at Coningsby as well?

The choice is up to you.......

Return to “RAF Coningsby”