Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

** Tuesday Club.. Info, Updates & Messages **

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
mirage41

Re: ** Tuesday Club.. Info, Updates & Messages **

Post by mirage41 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:42 pm

After a cold night, the morning temperature will creep up to 2C in a light west south westerly breeze. The cloud will thicken further in the afternoon as it reaches 5C.

Runway 25 all day, and, it looks like all week - so our friends at 07 end will not be coming up yet.

At the moment, the following week looks even more of a challenge for those not thermally protected.

hotdog

Post by hotdog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 pm

:clap: should be up for a visit this week chappies.. tinky and woody should be coming to.. hoping to bring some freshly baked banana cake with me.. :thumb:
**HOTDOG**
**Canon EOS 70D.. Canon EOS 40D.. Canon EOS 400D**
Canon 70-300mmIS/Canon 17-85mmIS/Canon 50mm F1.8

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Despite the cold and overcast conditions, a number of souls were on parade (Jimbo came out to play) to enjoy perhaps a limited but still enjoyable days flying - where were those Donna Nook flare trial Tornardos ??

We savoured the delights of Mr. Kiplings mince pies (buy one get one - had to be done at 88 odd p/box), Nottingham Chapterress's (?) lovely banana special, George's wondrous bullock pies, and then Teddy2 and Dawn capped the day by pulling an endless supply of freshly cooked hotdogs from their new cooking truck.

Those who didn't report for duty missed another good day - understand Tinky found reason to throw a strop - and we hear that Milky is brewing up another surprise ice cream delight for the coming weeks.

hotdog

Post by hotdog » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 pm

:clap: :clap: we were certainly spoilt this week for culinary delights.. glad you guys enjoyed the banana cake.. see you all next week hopefully.. :thumb: :thumb:
**HOTDOG**

hotdog

Post by hotdog » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:27 pm

:clap: :clap: Who will be joining us on Tues up at CG1 for what is probably the 2nd to last working Tuesday of the year.. :thumb: :thumb:
**HOTDOG**

11sqn

Post by 11sqn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 am

Well it looks like a mix of light for tuesday with some mank at around lunchtime so with any luck some reasonably photos can be taken but waiting for a better forcast from our resident eye on the weather Ted. :P :P
M
Canon 30D, 40D 70-300IS 17-85 IS.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 pm

My apologies for the tardy nature of recent times, internet connection has been kaput since last Thursday.

Whilst I note that the official shutdown has not yet been promulgated, our experience tells us that tomorrow is almost certainly our penultimate gathering for year 2013 - here's hoping for a good turnout of members, trainees and hangars-on.

There is a good chance of a touch of ground frost overnight, so Ernie's early call to George will be nice and clear. The little Look North person talks of cloud all day, but I believe that the sun will show itself in a partly cloudy day as temperatures rise to some 8C in a gentle south south west breeze - the odd gust to 25 mph should not ground our defence team.

Runway 25 all week again.

It will be dry all day, but still no reason for those at the 07 end to show themselves - although it may be the case that Tinky has recovered from last weeks strop and is to be found hanging on the red and white fence.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Morning light rain will clear to give a mainly sunny day as temperatures struggle to reach 6C in a steady southerly breeze.

Runway 25 again, boys and girls, and I am mentally prepared for the 1192 rush as we approach 16.00hrs.

I shall be attempting to bring an ample supply of the most delighful fresh produce - at least one (or maybe two) saved for The Captains Table - don't forget there won't be any more until 7th Jan.

Whilst I will be attempting to be on parade at an early hour, no.1 son has me on QRA for a Laura Ashley furniture swop. This may well interfere with our exciting day, but hey, what are dads for.

hotdog

Post by hotdog » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm

:clap: The Nottingham Chapter aim to arrive early enough to swipe Uncle Ted's personal parking space on Tuesday :P and are looking forward to a good days flying with plenty of humour, banter and goodies.. :P glad to hear the tink meister will be in attendance with his best friend woody (who incidentally will be asking for small donations towards the rising costs of feeding tinky several times a week.. :P
**HOTDOG**

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Understood Tinky would be alone, Woody has other commitments, and would join us after his visit to Geoff Withergee - time will tell.

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 am

Just seen the weather for tomorrow, looking good. Me and the Captain will be in attendance with a certain long haired star!! Lobster and caviar will be the main lunch provided by Richard :thumbs: Looking forward to some mince pies and cream :thumbs:

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Sausage, chips and curry it is then! ;) :lol:
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not! Remember this, do not try to imitate him.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Weather as above Craig - see my Sat 14th - have just received the expected QRA call, so, sadly it may be noon before I move you all on from parking space no.1.

Viv

Post by Viv » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 pm

I think you will find arrival order as last week, so I shall be in the hot spot ;)

Going to try for a sunrise pic - so going to be early, may even beat George there.......................

Unfortunately I have afternoon duties, so shall only be there until 13:00ish, but looking forward to it :)

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I shall be able to let you out then, Viv, see you tomorrow.

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:26 am

mirage41 wrote:at least one (or maybe two) saved for The Captains Table
Many thanks for the delicious produce from your lordship's estate! :thumb:
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not! Remember this, do not try to imitate him.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Captain. It was indeed a pleasure to meet you and The Slug again, and I am delighted to have completed the delivery of some of Lincolnshire's freshest.

It was also a delight to meet with another Mound Dweller, who approached myself and our youngest member with an open tin of festive chocs - don't know him, never met him etc.etc. but what a lovely gesture.

Sadly, I was unable to respond in similar vein, as I had already let Tinky loose on my festive doughnuts and mince pies - he doesn't appear to eat at home in Scunthorpe.

captain scarlet

Post by captain scarlet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:44 pm

You're more than welcome ted (doffs cap and bows in appreciation ;) ), hope you have a great christmas and a very happy new year. :thumb:
Richard

hotdog

Post by hotdog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 pm

:P :P Tinky does eat at home, but only when he has eaten Woody (Kev) out of house and home.. :P :P
**HOTDOG**

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Whilst it may be a little premature of me to start talking weather for 7th Jan, I'm sure that Her Highness will confirm before the event that we are to start the year with a bit of 13.00hrs entertainment.

A very merry Christmas to all, and your families, and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Return to “General Chat”