Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Do you picture fellow members?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
scanman

Do you picture fellow members?

Post by scanman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 am

Done this on other forums I have been on and it can be fun to find out how other members imagine each other if they have never actually met. (sorry if it has already been done/asked here in the past).

Do you picture fellow members based on their user name, or any other part of their profile such as their avatar?

Say if a user was called "Humpty Dumpty" would you picture them as short, fat and bald? :lol:

Have you pictured someone on here, then met them then discovered they are the opposite gender, look different, are older, are younger or etc than you imagined?

The Phantom

Re: Do you picture fellow members?

Post by The Phantom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Yes - if they have a picture of a person on their avatar; ie. Goose's avatar of Goose from Top Gun. So i imagine that he really does look like Goose!

scanman

Post by scanman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Lets hope Goose does not use the same reasoning to picture what you look like :lol:

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 pm

The Phantom wrote:Yes - if they have a picture of a person on their avatar; ie. Goose's avatar of Goose from Top Gun. So i imagine that he really does look like Goose!
He definitely looks like Goose, literally if goose hadn't of died and had of carried on living (and drinking beer) you would have our current day moderator Goose!!!

robbo

Post by robbo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Craig wrote:
The Phantom wrote:Yes - if they have a picture of a person on their avatar; ie. Goose's avatar of Goose from Top Gun. So i imagine that he really does look like Goose!
He definitely looks like Goose, literally if goose hadn't of died and had of carried on living (and drinking beer) you would have our current day moderator Goose!!!
craig have you met goose :S doesn't look nothing like the real Goose :whistle:

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 pm

I always seem to think members are older than they are for some reason :lol:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

'The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down!' - Yeager

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm

robbo wrote:craig have you met goose :S doesn't look nothing like the real Goose :whistle:

Yeah a couple of times Robbo.

Don't you think he looks like him? Me and a friend had a good laugh on how we thought he did...

scanman

Post by scanman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Flyingmonster wrote:I always seem to think members are older than they are for some reason :lol:

Yeah me as well. Surprised when I discover on here that one or two people I thought were older are in fact about 16 :lol:

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Likewise Dude!! I was told someone thought I was a lot older than I am! Take that as a compliment!! haha :lol:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 pm

scanman wrote:Yeah me as well. Surprised when I discover on here that one or two people I thought were older are in fact about 16 :lol:
Yes, don't tell him but 'Spirit of Kitty Hawk' always posts very mature, thought out comments and I met him without realising as he is just a youny whipper snapper!

scanman

Post by scanman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm

So..............

How do you picture me?????
Using info available: Scanman, did have an avatar of a RAFAT Hawk, changed this to a Seaking, and then to my current one (prior to Saturday, so unconnected with the weekends sad news), and the bit saying I have 8 years of RAF service behind me etc.

Be kind, we may meet in the future :lol:

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 am

I see you as a scanman!! :P :lol:
:thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

scanman

Post by scanman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

LOL playing it safe :lol:

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Craig wrote:
robbo wrote:craig have you met goose :S doesn't look nothing like the real Goose :whistle:

Yeah a couple of times Robbo.

Don't you think he looks like him? Me and a friend had a good laugh on how we thought he did...
My Mrs thinks so, trouble is, as you point out, the real Goose didn't have a beer belly or a receding hair line! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I've met him and still picture him as Goose.

The likeness isn't totally ridiculous though...

pikey01

Post by pikey01 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Having actually seen a photo of Goose, he does look a little like Goose from the film, just with a bald patch :P

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Here's one then - stick your own username into the search bar at the top of the page and find out if any other FCers have been talking about you behind your back! :Wow:

Return to “General Chat”