Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

OPEN GOLF TRANSPORT FIASCO

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Condor68

OPEN GOLF TRANSPORT FIASCO

Post by Condor68 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:49 am

The other night the SNP hailed the successful acceptance of the terms to end the rail dispute.They then found they had very few trains to get people to the nearest station to St Andrews.This may come as a surprise to many but I actually feel a very small bit sorry for Nics Mob.I cannot understand why in this day and age the R and A still put on the big pitch and putt at St Andrews.Its miles from anywhere,no railway station, no decent roads in.It shows a total disregard for the paying public.The nearest decent road for that volume of Traffic is the Dundee to Kirkcaldy road(miles away).Muirfield is not any better and I hear some west coast courses are the same. At Carnoustie we have 3 mainline stations and a dual carriageway a mile away and the organisers still manage to cause chaos.Last time it was here I had to walk about half a mile from the bottom of our road to my house(actual distance 100yds)because an overzealous steward would not let me cross a road.

Return to “General Chat”