Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hip Hip hooray

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
mirage41

Hip Hip hooray

Post by mirage41 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:34 pm

We are continually reminded that these pretty ladies flying front line fighter jets cannot have child bearing hips - the system advises that their port to starboard must fit within the ejection seat parameters.
Back in the day, early 70s, I was flown in a Hunter T bird from Honington to Valley to investigate/advise/clear a Buccaneer for rtb.
We overtook the Bucc, on return flight, and on completing approach to visual pulled 8.5G - which was not a problem for me.
My colleagues pointed out that at 1.96 metres (6'5" ), and proportionately built at that time,, I was too wide for the Martin Baker, and that I would have been chopped off at the knees in the event of an ejection.
Further, I was fully alert on booking in, and delighted in reporting a stand by artificial horizon failure on touchdown.
I do though have difficulty in understanding the 5G comments with regard to the Red Arrows crash

Return to “General Chat”