Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Submarine Channel 5

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Thunder

Submarine Channel 5

Post by Thunder » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Was looking forward to watching this tonight, only to see that it’s not on? Was this only a two part documentary(if so, kind of a waste of time), or is there a reason why it’s not airing?

Gary
Administrator

Re: Submarine Channel 5

Post by Gary » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:50 pm

It was only 2 parts according to Sky planner, enjoyed the programme. Seemed to end suddenly though. Would have been nice if they said why the captain was replaced.
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

mustang5861

Re: Submarine Channel 5

Post by mustang5861 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:53 pm

The last couple of minutes of last week's episode gave me the distinct impression that it was just a two-parter, which was a disappointment. I looked at the on-screen TV listings where the number of episodes are shown, e.g. '2/2', and there was no indication that any more wer to follow. I read that one of the reasons why the TV people were given access to HMS Trenchard
was because this was her last operational deployment, albeit a very evenful one both on and off the boat.

Return to “General Chat”