Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

R I P Jimmy Greaves.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
richkc135

R I P Jimmy Greaves.

Post by richkc135 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:55 am

I was born in Chelsea and naturally supported them.I am of an age who was lucky enough to see Jimmy play many of his games for the club including his last game when he scored four goals.He then of course went to Italy for a year returning to England with Tottenham and West Ham.I have always felt that he was the best goalscorer ever-just my humble opinion.
Rest in peace Greasie and thanks for the memories.

time on target

Re: R I P Jimmy Greaves.

Post by time on target » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:17 am

As a young spotter in the 1960's I was at Heathrow when the Tottenham team returned from a European match. So we went into the "Queens Building" as it was then to await their arrival. I was fortunate to get his autograph which I still have to this day in one of my old log books. A great bloke and footballer and it was a shame he was unable to play in the 1966 World Cup Final but he did get his medal in the end.
RIP JIm

Return to “General Chat”