Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Christian Eriksen

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Red-Eye-Knight

Christian Eriksen

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:11 pm

I just saw one of the most awful things I have ever viewed on tv, Christian Eriksen playing for Denmark fell over and was getting CPR on the pitch, I pray to god that he is ok and he pulls through.

Skywatcher
Location: Under the approach to runway 27 raf fairford supporter

Re: Christian Eriksen

Post by Skywatcher » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 pm

I didn’t see it ,but saw the start of the game ,so hopefully he will be ok fingers crossed 🤞
Spirit watcher/BUFF fan/96thBS/420th air base Squadron supporter

Please like my Facebook page -Raf Fairford photography and news -

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Just saw a photo on Sky Sports News and he was sitting up on the stretcher awake so good news fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

Skywatcher
Location: Under the approach to runway 27 raf fairford supporter

Post by Skywatcher » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:44 pm

I saw that to ,was about to say I just been watching ssn ,so hopefully on the mend now,possibly heat exhaustion? Very warm where they are I think,but as they said ,let’s not speculate at this sensitive time ,wait till we know more
Spirit watcher/BUFF fan/96thBS/420th air base Squadron supporter

Please like my Facebook page -Raf Fairford photography and news -

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:59 pm

It reminds me of the day Senna died. I don't believe in a god, but that day I spend the afternoon praying he would be ok - sadly not. I feel the same about Eriksen today.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Malcolm+1.I'm not a football fan, but a human being is in a spot of bother, therefore I care.

bob909

Post by bob909 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:45 pm

I echo that Malcolm, everyone thought the worst at the end of the BBC coverage and I too found myself pointlessly praying... So I thought! Medical professionals are absolutely the cream of society.

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:19 pm

So I started this thread way back in June 2021 after seeing one of the most horrible things I ever saw on a football pitch and yet here we are not even a year later and this footballer has made an absolutely miraculous recovery.

Back playing and staring for Brentford in the Premier League and back in his national team, 3 goals in 3 games for club and Country what a truly amazing achievement after nearly dying, Unbelievable!!!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Brentford played who today? Oh yes I remember!

Seriously brilliant that anyone can come through like that and resume their sporting career.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:23 pm

When reading previous comment by Nighthawke it brings to mind a story i learned back in the days of childhood about Bert Trautman playing games with a broken neck when he was with Man City.Think it was the Victor that ran the story. Jack Charlton playing on against Scotland with a broken leg is along the same lines.Funny bit about part of it is I am 70 and until a documentary on TV a month or so ago I didnt realise the guy who signed Trautman for City was a pal of mine.He had a pub here and always had time for youngsters playing football.As for red eyes comments I watched it as well and didnt think he would get off the field let alone play again.As a lot of you know it takes a bit to get up after any op but to get back into the league he is in and the National team takes a lot of guts and faith.

Long may he stay there a great example to others

Keith

Return to “General Chat”