Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Prince Philip has passed away

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
C24

Re: Prince Philip has passed away

Post by C24 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 am

His comments and actions over his life certainly influenced me and through me as a DoE Award Scheme expedition assessor many, many young persons.

#99 above sums him up for me!

He kept his Dragon class yacht, “Bluebottle” in the trots at BRNC for some time. I spent a long, relaxing afternoon onboard removing seabird droppings. A beautiful boat, seldom used sadly.

Good bloke
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 pm

Got to admit I never met him but while working out of normal area at the roadside on the Birkhall Estate a load of Land Rover s went past and he gave us a wave.The local guy commented he usually gets out and speaks to folk on the estate. if he has time

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Might have been posted alrdy and I missed it .An American freporter asked him what he disd during the war (inferring hiding behind a desk)he said apparentlely I fought the Germans and the Italians in ther Med Now tell me what you did.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Might have been posted alrdy and I missed it .An American freporter asked him what he disd during the war (inferring hiding behind a desk)he said apparentlely I fought the Germans and the Italians in ther Med Now tell me what you did.

Return to “General Chat”