Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

ebay payment changes?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
iainpeden

ebay payment changes?

Post by iainpeden » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pm

I have had, twice, an email from ebay (claiming to be) that says I need to add my bank account details to my ebay account so they can pay me direct rather than paying into paypal. Is this OK or a scam?

James Cutting

Re: ebay payment changes?

Post by James Cutting » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:59 pm

Yes, all legit. Changing the way they pay sellers now. Link below :)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... ping-fees/
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Thanks

nitro999

Post by nitro999 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:22 pm

I sold a few bits on eBay recently so first time I had seen these changes. On the plus side it seems to be cheaper for sellers compared to Paypal's fees, but on the negative side it took several days for the cash to materialise in my bank rather than the instant payment that was possible with Paypal previously.
YouTube Channel
Flickr
PlanePlotter sharer dk

XWP29

Post by XWP29 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:44 pm

I’ve switched the little selling I do to Gumtree, FOC. EBay? No way they are getting my Bank details etc. No protection unlike a credit card. As we’ve seen before many of these organisations just cannot be trusted to keep the data safe. Whatever assurances they spout. So buying only
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:43 pm

I am a hobby seller on ebay, as said, three days to receive payment into your account ! I don’t post until I see the money has arrived. I have a separate bank account that I use for ebay, keep just enough in it to make it viable and if anything goes wrong, no great losses...may be an idea for other users.

nitro999

Post by nitro999 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:03 pm

Bobcode wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:43 pm
I am a hobby seller on ebay, as said, three days to receive payment into your account ! I don’t post until I see the money has arrived. I have a separate bank account that I use for ebay, keep just enough in it to make it viable and if anything goes wrong, no great losses...may be an idea for other users.
Yes great advice - I do the same.
YouTube Channel
Flickr
PlanePlotter sharer dk

Return to “General Chat”