Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RADIO GARDEN

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Velvet Glove

RADIO GARDEN

Post by Velvet Glove » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:15 pm

RADIO GARDEN

I just wanted to share this. Might keep some of you amused during lockdown. If you are a natural "radio" listener and like exploring new channels here's the answer ...

It can be utilised both as a website or you can download their app to your device.

Simply Google "Radio Garden".
Or click this link: http://radio.garden/

I think the idea is amazing and the intuitive user interface is a plus.

The UI is a little like Google Earth when you open it, only here you have a rotatable 3D globe covered in thousands of tiny luminous green dots. Each dot is a commercial radio station. Zoom in to any of your choice (anywhere in the world) and listen 'live'.

You can create and edit a favourites list too.

My thinking was it's like an extra ear to the ground with people talking about events which may not always make the mainstream 'TV' news channels.

(Or maybe you're someone who likes exploring different music, or listening to a foreign language channel .. to help you learn).

Anyway I digress.

Have fun if you've not heard of it before!

WinchesterMGF

Re: RADIO GARDEN

Post by WinchesterMGF » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Love this! Discovered it last week and it's quite addictive. Even for a techno-luddite like me, it's so easy to use ( and also educational as you zoom around the planet and finding out where countries/states are on the global map.) Current favorite is RETRO F.M. in Reykjavik. Good music and with the added bonus of not understanding, therefore not caring, what the DJ is saying in between the songs.🙃

Morseman

Re: RADIO GARDEN

Post by Morseman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:38 am

Just tried it, brilliant. Thanks for posting. You learn a little every day.

Return to “General Chat”