Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

ARISE SIR LEWIS!.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
raptor9

Re: ARISE SIR LEWIS!.

Post by raptor9 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm

PLMC Not disappointed. There 's nothing wrong with lively discussions and different opinions. CL44 was difficult aircraft to fly. I lived for four years next to a Thomson captain who used to fly the Conroy Guppy CL44 conversion which now languishes at Bournemouth. Not his favourite aircraft!

stickshaker

Post by stickshaker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:47 pm

I'm not sure individuals should get honours for simply being good at their discipline. As an example within F1, Jackie Stewart was a competent driver but was also a driving force for safety - and a team boss. It remains to be seen whether LH acts with the decorum that befits the honour.

Personally, I think you should have left the 'I' out of the first word of the title! :whistle: ;)

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:24 pm

It's typical of the British to knock successful Brits, we seem to resent them for some reason.

Lewis has spoken out for equality recently and maybe does other good work behind the scenes, I don't know. He has been at the top of his game and the best British driver for years and a consistent world champion.

I am not saying that is enough to be knighted but others think it is and the Queen did the honours so that is good enough for me.

Mind you don't get me started on Sir James Dyson!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Sir James gets my personal vote as he has had a bigger impact on my life than any sportsperson.

Return to “General Chat”