Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Facebook Groups and issues

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
reaper493

Facebook Groups and issues

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:07 am

Hi chaps,

I'm pretty much out of ideas, with no help from the various 'Facebook help centres' around so thought I would ask you.

I'm in the WAVE Facebook group and have been for some time.
I posted something on Monday, then on Tuesday the group was gone.
I can no longer see it via the App or website on the laptop when logged in.
How ever if I log out, I can see the group, but soon as i log in it disappears again.
I get the following when I try to go in via Chrome :
Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

I have spoken to the Owner and he confirms I have not been blocked/kicked and I still show as a member on the page.
Another friend has also confirmed I am still viewable and 'taggable' on the page - I am not getting any notifications for these.
I know some of you will also be in this group so can probably confirm the above.

Any ideas?

For reference the last post I did was about recent E3 activity - not sure who I could have offended with that..... :P

Can I be removed/blocked/put in Facebook jail by someone other than admin? I'm propped stumped :S :S

Mike

Mike

Re: Facebook Groups and issues

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:26 am

Hi Mike, I'm a member of the group as well and noticed a few days ago that your name was greyed-out in your previous posts, I assumed you'd left but then found you in the member's list. :S
Then a couple of days ago the owner (JR) posted a thread and tagged you to ask if you could see his post, obviously you didn't.
I've never seen this happen before, it might be an idea getting JR to remove you from the group and then get him to re-add you - just an thought unless someone else can come up with a better idea.

I had problems accessing a lot of FB groups that I'm a member of on Tuesday this week, nothing happened when I clicked on the group in the list on the left hand side but this resolved itself when I booted-up my laptop on Wednesday. I tried everything to resolve it on Tuesday - rebooting, different browser etc. but nothing worked so I presumed that FB were having some sort of server issues.

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks Mike.

JR has been trying to help, he even made me a group moderator to see if that would help but nothing.
Only thing I can think of now is one of the other moderators (think there are three of them?) has 'jailed' me because of something I said, or someone has reported something I said - what for I have no idea.

Actually, thinking about it, there is one chap on there who doesn't agree with some of the info I post, he think's I give out too much and has on occasion said 'loose lips' etc, wonder if it's anything to do with him?

Will give it a few days and see what happens.

cheers

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 am

reaper493 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:42 am
Thanks Mike.

JR has been trying to help, he even made me a group moderator to see if that would help but nothing.
Only thing I can think of now is one of the other moderators (think there are three of them?) has 'jailed' me because of something I said, or someone has reported something I said - what for I have no idea.

Actually, thinking about it, there is one chap on there who doesn't agree with some of the info I post, he think's I give out too much and has on occasion said 'loose lips' etc, wonder if it's anything to do with him?

Will give it a few days and see what happens.

cheers
Yeah, I've noticed the comments from that chap (can't remember what his name is), maybe he's reported you to FB? I hope not!
Are you having any problems with any other groups that you're a member of?

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Nope - all other groups are fine.

JR has removed me and tried to add me back in but no joy.

I'll leave it until Tuesday as I think that will be a week since I last went in.

Out of curiosity, now I am confirmed out of the group are my posts still there?

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 pm

You're not on the members list, I've just messaged JR to tell him.

Edit :- Have just re-read your last post, I'll have a look to see if your previous posts are still there.

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Yea I've been talking to JR, I asked him to remove me to try it. Very odd!

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Your previous posts are all there (although your name is greyed-out) and JR reckons it's a glitch with FB.
Weird ! :S

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:32 am

Ended up creating a 2nd account and it popped up straight away, see how long this one lasts!

Return to “General Chat”