Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tesco phone/switchboard

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
mirage41

Tesco phone/switchboard

Post by mirage41 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Yesterday I made a phone purchase at my local Tesco Extra.

Problem with the equipment, and needed to call Tesco to discuss.

So today, mid afternoon on a Saturday, I went into Google to be given an 0345 telephone number. Spent some 10+ mike listening to all the options and on locating phone department computer advised me that department was shut..

So, checked in the 2020/21 BT directory and called an 0845 number - Tesco answer service tells me number has been changed to 0345. Called the 0345 number many times, to be told every time that the 0845 number I was calling (I was calling 0345) had been changed to 0345.

Hence, called another local large Tesco to ask for real phone number I required, to be given the original Google number. It then turns out that the BT promulgated local Tesco store number is in fact a financial loan company who work with Tesco.

Does anyone know how I can call Tesco, or have they just lost another customer?

slogen51

Re: Tesco phone/switchboard

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:18 pm

If you can I would visit Customer services at the King's Lynn branch of Tescos.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Mirage,
Are call centres down your way back in their offices yet? I know the Tesco call centre in Dundee are not yet back in their office, but i dont know where else Tesco call centres are.

Ironically, i had to deal with Aviva recently and found out they were on reduced hours at the weekend, just when i needed help, so it may just be a sign of the times so no need to run away to another retailer when they are operating how they are being advised to.
Stay Safe,
Geoff.

jeallen01

Post by jeallen01 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 pm

Sainsburys are even WORSE - as pointed out by Matt Allwright on the BEEB ONE SHOW a couple of days ago! :@

For weeks, I just COULD NOT get through to register us as vulnerable (I'm 72+ with difficulty in walking & standing, and SWMBO is 70 with Type 1 diabetes & asthma) and get onto the Click & Collect list - had to visit the local (Hayes) store, ask to speak to a manager (he was very good and took a lot of time to help me) before I got a "secret" number to call, and then, finally after another long call, we got registered and can now get C&C.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Thank you all for your helpful advice.

Returned to Tesco yesterday afternoon to find that phone dept. was manned by only two staff who were on break until 15.00.

Got hold of PAC transfer code which wouldn't work. So, went into Kings Lynn "3" mobile shop to get it sorted. Still wouldn't work.

Called the helpline where Matey form Mumbai attempted to retain my business, but eventually had to send me the PAC transfer code. Coincidentally this code was identical to original, but worked.

All now completed, thanks again lads.

Return to “General Chat”