Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Storm Dennis

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
H.A.Bucken

Storm Dennis

Post by H.A.Bucken » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:36 pm

For a change we escaped lightly in the Lakes though it didn't take much to top up all the water-bodies.
Did anywhere else in Europe get hit or did/has it fizzled out over the North Sea?
Roger

Blackcat1

Re: Storm Dennis

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Most of my valley is submerged! Lucky I live on a mountain side. Some main roads closed for the foreseeable, shops completely flooded out . Dennis you Ba*****! 😠
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Campbell89

Post by Campbell89 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am

I’m up in the northwest near Manchester. Storm Ciara was worse than Dennis for us.

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm

I live in Bewdley, & up to this afternoon you could still use to only Bridge into Town by Foot. It is now completely closed. Flood barriers are Holding on the Town side, but those on the Kidderminster side are forecast to be breached tonight. A Rest centre has been set up for affected Residents.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm

I have seen some heart breaking images in news coverage from Monmouth along the Wye and also along the Severn area

Return to “General Chat”