Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Greta Thunberg?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Vulcan74

Re: Greta Thunberg?

Post by Vulcan74 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:41 am

I've a great idea why don't we ban all forms of transport & close down all the factories & shops. Then go back to the middle ages with just horse & cart and small village hamlets & hunt down our own food, HOW LONG DO WE THINK WE'D LAST FOR IN THIS DAY & AGE NOT LONG !!! :lol:

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Bilvo

Post by Bilvo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Vulcan74 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:41 am
I've a great idea why don't we ban all forms of transport & close down all the factories & shops. Then go back to the middle ages with just horse & cart and small village hamlets & hunt down our own food, HOW LONG DO WE THINK WE'D LAST FOR IN THIS DAY & AGE NOT LONG !!! :lol:
And if we keep going as you suggest, we have a few decades left on this planet. You, me, your family, children and mine all dead in the next 50 years :clap: well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Survival of the Fittest.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Agreed Bilvo, 50 years is pushing it mind you 🤔🙄😊
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 pm

What about the guy who glued himself to G-LCYM as part of a protest on behalf of Extinction Rebellion?

The media report that he was a Paralympian who attended five Olympic games - how did he get there? Walk!

What a fecking hypocrite.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:48 am

Bilvo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:23 pm
You, me, your family, children and mine all dead in the next 50 years :clap: well done
I will be dead in the next 50 years. Not news to me as it will happen as part of the natural ageing process.

Brian

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:12 am

slogen51 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 pm
What about the guy who glued himself to G-LCYM as part of a protest on behalf of Extinction Rebellion?

The media report that he was a Paralympian who attended five Olympic games - how did he get there? Walk!

They're mainly all hypocrites. One of the protesters being interviewed the other day got put into a spot and had to admit that she drives a diesel van!

Pete_uk

Post by Pete_uk » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 pm

There's a few diesel vans in my town with the extinction rebellion posters in their windows. I feel like spraying 'hypocrite' on the side. If the government got really serious about air quality they would be off the road.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm

just been watching Panorama all about Climate Change about whats been done and what can be done and is been done despite what these protesters think and the cost involved very interesting.
Comfortably Numb

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:03 am

slogen51 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 pm

This playground attitude is rather amusing, In 2012 perhaps he did.
Life is about learning and adapting to the situation that requires attention.
Do you scream hypocrite at any vegetarian/vegan you see ?
Nobody is is forcing you to get on board, if you don't want to make an effort to sort things out for the future generations then don't, but what do you get out of your statement above ?

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am

Nobody is forcing me ??

He delayed a plane - don't travellers have any rights to travel safely and without disruption

Your views are being enforced with threats and intimidation.

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 am

slogen51 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am
Nobody is forcing me ??

He delayed a plane - don't travellers have any rights to travel safely and without disruption

Your views are being enforced with threats and intimidation.
My views ? Impressive usage of your mindreading abilities.
Of course people have the right to safety during their travels but I feel that would be the responsibilty of the airline, which in this case failed to provide that.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Delaying a commercial airliner actually does less than NOTHING to stop damage to the climate - in actual fact it causes extra damage in that the plane will have used extra fuel on the ground whilst this farce went on.

Breaking the law is not justified either, and it is unacceptable for protesters to disrupt the lives of third parties. The guy who climbed on top of the aircraft should be prosecuted to the maximum degree of the law.

Having watched a good number of people being interviewed about this subject the majority seem to freely do the climate damaging things they are protesting about, whilst claiming that this isn't about "individual action".

In my experience very few people who claim to be acting in favour of stopping climate change actually do very much themselves.

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm
Delaying a commercial airliner actually does less than NOTHING to stop damage to the climate - in actual fact it causes extra damage in that the plane will have used extra fuel on the ground whilst this farce went on.

Breaking the law is not justified either, and it is unacceptable for protesters to disrupt the lives of third parties. The guy who climbed on top of the aircraft should be prosecuted to the maximum degree of the law.

Having watched a good number of people being interviewed about this subject the majority seem to freely do the climate damaging things they are protesting about, whilst claiming that this isn't about "individual action".

In my experience very few people who claim to be acting in favour of stopping climate change actually do very much themselves.
Breaking the law is not justified and I've not heard of any protestor not ready to accept the consequences of their actions. Not sure why you feel the need to shout, but the fact you have replied merely shows you know of the situation that happened and the beliefs of the person involved.... long game.
As for your last point, I'm sorry that your experience is that.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 pm

The need to shout? Explain please.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:23 pm

The word nothing in capitals I guess??
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I was only trying to emphasise the word lol.

The "do as we say, not as we do brigade" are always easily offended.

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:03 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:25 pm
I was only trying to emphasise the word lol.

The "do as we say, not as we do brigade" are always easily offended.
lol (thats me laughing), in the internet world capitals has been and is still classed as shouting.
I was more worried about your blood pressure than anything else.
If it makes you feel better to make assumptions then feel free, however your 2 for 0 so far :) (thats a smiley face).

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:01 am

No one need worry about Chris's blood pressure ;)

He's one of the most laid back and calm peeps I've ever met on this forum :lol:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:14 am

Talking to friend the other day about protestors, he admitted that his protestor lady friend flew to the dutch bulb fields in May. I also notice that an avid supporter of Miss Thunberg [ personally, I will not use the Climate Goblin term, as I think it is too derogatory to someone who means well, even if her views are misguided] was planning to visit an Airshow in Poland. Long way on a bike tho' :) Still no solutions from you James. Still waiting...........

Return to “General Chat”