Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Greta Thunberg?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
ChrisCwmbran

Re: Greta Thunberg?

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 am

paddyboy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:01 am
No one need worry about Chris's blood pressure ;)

He's one of the most laid back and calm peeps I've ever met on this forum :lol:
Thank you Paddyboy :)

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Perhaps gmc007 would like to impress and inspire us all with a breakdown of the measures he/she employs to protect the environment rather than just making smug put downs?

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:29 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm
Perhaps gmc007 would like to impress and inspire us all with a breakdown of the measures he/she employs to protect the environment rather than just making smug put downs?
There you go again with the assumptions, The correct pronoun is They.
I'm not here to impress you and I'm sorry you feel that I was making smug put downs.
As for inspiration if you pop back to the subject of the thread you will find more than enough inspiration to inspire yourself.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm

So, nothing then. Thanks very much anyway :)

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Hold on ! Our saviour is amongst us already.

Lewis Hamilton has seen the light! Quote care of BBC sports :
"Extinction of our race is becoming more and more likely as we over use our resources."

Apparently in all his future GP races he is opting for a one stop strategy thus making a set of tyres last 45 minutes instead of only 25 minutes per race. Hallelujah.

gmc007

Post by gmc007 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm
So, nothing then. Thanks very much anyway :)
The last line of my last post clearly points you to the subject... Greta Thunberg.

As Paddyboy vouches for you though and if you really would like to hear what gmc007 does or does not do then feel free to press the contact button. If not it's been nice talking to you :)

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm

I'll happily go vegan..... once I've won the Formula 1 World Champion title 6 times, and have as much money as he does...and as long as he sells his private jet and always travels on standard flights from now on.

reaperops

Post by reaperops » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 pm
Apparently in all his future GP races he is opting for a one stop strategy thus making a set of tyres last 45 minutes instead of only 25 minutes per race. Hallelujah.
Or he could adopt the one stop strategy that makes them last the whole season, by 'going off' at the start, at the first corner of every track. Hallelujah. :lol:
Here we go........ The Devils Knockin' at my door!

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 am

Or he could just disappear completely and stop boring the pants off us both on and off the track :whistle:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

C24

Post by C24 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 am

I've just pressed the down arrow next to the spanner and ticked unsubscribe. I wonder what happens next!
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:15 am

Lewis Hamilton sold his aircraft several months ago. Do keep up. :) What he does on track gives a great many people, including me [a life-long follower of motor racing] a great deal of pleasure, and we should take pride in the fact that he is so good at what he does. I couldn't care less what he does off track, that is his private life, and I'm not interested. I would suggest, however, that if you were at his stage with all that wealth, that you might allow yourself to be just a little bit brash???????. We are sooooo good in this country of denigrating the top achievers at sport in this country!!!!!.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:55 pm

raptor9 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:15 am
Lewis Hamilton sold his aircraft several months ago. Do keep up. :) What he does on track gives a great many people, including me [a life-long follower of motor racing] a great deal of pleasure, and we should take pride in the fact that he is so good at what he does. I couldn't care less what he does off track, that is his private life, and I'm not interested. I would suggest, however, that if you were at his stage with all that wealth, that you might allow yourself to be just a little bit brash???????. We are sooooo good in this country of denigrating the top achievers at sport in this country!!!!!.
I totally agree with you , however I feel that he should not be involving himself in what is effectively a political matter.

I would suggest then when any kind of "celebrity" gets involved in politics in any way at all - whether left wing, right wing or whatever - it always lessens my opinion of them.

All I can say is he should keep to what he does best!

That said - using a private jet - whether you own it or not - is not entirely consistent with his sentiment!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Neither is burning loads of fuel and rubber for sport/entertainment for that matter :P

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 am

Nighthawke!. The F. 1 fraternity is very well aware of their perceived damage by their activities. There is constant research by the teams in order to make cars more efficient, and, if you care to research it yourself, you will find that many developements brought about by motorsport are being incorporated in modern technology for everyday transport, including electric power. Motorsport is a huge export for this country, and employs many many people in this hi-tech industry. It is a big earner for this country!. When it comes to private jets, the obsession that some of this [and other countries
have] for 'celebrities' have made it well nigh impossible for very famous people to travel on commercial airliners. They would have absolutely no right whatsoever to any privacy, with people constantly thrusting a mobile phone in their face for the inevitable and pointless 'selfie'. Surely it is pretty obvious that they have been driven to this by the mindless [at times] public. One very famous Ex Formula 1 champion always used to go commercial, but it ruined his PRIVATE life for the already stated reasons. They have been driven to private jet by us..

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am

Morning John. Thanks for the reply and I fully understand your points. My post was more tongue-in-cheek in answer to Chris and not intended as an opinion either way, hence the use of the emoji. I don't have answers to the whole planetary issue any more than anyone else. I do my bit where I can. All the best, Ian.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:41 am

Hi, Ian. Appreciated. Just turned 77 so obviously slowing down!!!!!. Must have killed off more of the brain cells with last nights Scotch. Kind regards, John

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:47 pm

raptor9 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 am
Nighthawke!. The F. 1 fraternity is very well aware of their perceived damage by their activities. There is constant research by the teams in order to make cars more efficient, and, if you care to research it yourself, you will find that many developements brought about by motorsport are being incorporated in modern technology for everyday transport, including electric power. Motorsport is a huge export for this country, and employs many many people in this hi-tech industry. It is a big earner for this country!. When it comes to private jets, the obsession that some of this [and other countries
have] for 'celebrities' have made it well nigh impossible for very famous people to travel on commercial airliners. They would have absolutely no right whatsoever to any privacy, with people constantly thrusting a mobile phone in their face for the inevitable and pointless 'selfie'. Surely it is pretty obvious that they have been driven to this by the mindless [at times] public. One very famous Ex Formula 1 champion always used to go commercial, but it ruined his PRIVATE life for the already stated reasons. They have been driven to private jet by us..
I do remember Lewis commenting that he was in the Gents toilets having a number 1 when someone came up to him and asked for an autograph lol.

Personally I've seen well known people face to face on quite a few occasions and other than a polite nod of acknowledgement or a smile I wouldn't dream of engaging with them unless they engaged with me.

Vulcan74

Post by Vulcan74 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:21 pm

LOL at the burkes who got dragged off the underground train roof the other day as they tried to cause more havoc amongst the working community. When will they ever learn!!!

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Just a pity the 'Extinction Rebellion' turds didn't get properly stomped :grr:

Delaying working, tax-paying citizens from getting about their business :grr:

Chuck them on the third rail :thumbs:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:12 pm

I think Greta and her friends need to get over to the Sudan with a dust pan and brush ( Stoffer en Blik !)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50708544

Apparently so called scientists can partly explain an increase in methane by a large bubble of the gas detected rising from swamps in the Sudan ( not, surprisingly, the labour party HQ on Victoria Street.)

While she is at it she could take a look at plugging up some volcanos

Return to “General Chat”