Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Fluid heads!!

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pune

Fluid heads!!

Post by Pune » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:34 am

Hi Folks,
I need to get my wife a fluid head (no comments please!!) for her tripod and spotting scope, I don't have much knowledge on this subject, any recommendations/info' appreciated, not too expensive please :Wow:
Cheers
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

dragonchaser

Re: Fluid heads!!

Post by dragonchaser » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Manfrotto do a large range of tripod heads, some are quite expensive but they do some reasonably priced ones. Slik is also a range you might want to check out. A lot of the fluid heads are designed for birding, rather than photography.

Pune

Post by Pune » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks dragonchaser, that's just what it's for, I'll take a look.
Cheers
Pune

:thumb:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

davem

Post by davem » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Classic 'birding' fluid head from Manfrotto is the 128RC head - it's about the £79 mark from most places.

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

davem wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:04 pm
Classic 'birding' fluid head from Manfrotto is the 128RC head - it's about the £79 mark from most places.
Thanks davem I'll have a look.. :thumb:

Return to “General Chat”