Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RIP Brexit

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
C24

Re: RIP Brexit

Post by C24 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:30 am

People are still signing the petition to revoke Article 50.
At least it is somewhere to register an individual opinion of the current state of affairs.

Will it reach 6 million?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Have a good w/end :)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

two1938

Post by two1938 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:58 am

Will the petiton to get out reach 17.4 million

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:37 am

Looking like we will be going through EU passport control for Frisian Flag.

Now when is the Tiger Meet!

DAVEBRAD

Post by DAVEBRAD » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:00 pm

I see Dominic Grieve is now saying the de-selection vote at his local conservative party was orchestrated against him... yet when interviewed Thursday or Friday in the commons lobby it was has he put it, i shall be meeting them and listening to there concerns and trying to work it out, or words to that effect. This looks to be just the start, for a lot of them... If their consituants voted by a majority to leave the mp should try to serve both sides if possible, but when it comes to it the majority have got to be represented foremost, even if it means going against the whip.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 am

Just trying to work out what the DUP want? They have voted against every option including being in a customs union and not being in a customs union :)

baz1

Post by baz1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:26 am

DUP= don't understand politics!!
Comfortably Numb

DAVEBRAD

Post by DAVEBRAD » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 am

Watching last nights goings on, and listening to some of the pundits advocating a second referendum because the people didn't know what they were voting for, and I thought well I voted leave on the ballot paper, I didn't know of all the problems, and left it in my naivety, but trust, to my mp and parliament to do the business , and respect the choice of the people. Collins explains a member of parliament as "a person who has been elected by the people in a particular area to represent them in a country's parliament". This b---dy lot are not fit for purpose, they are pursuing their own agenda's, and come the next election, their voters will remember...

two1938

Post by two1938 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:51 am

As someone who visited brussels and Luxumberg till retirement and cancer diagnosses I would not trust Paliament or the EU to listen to the people or care about anyone but themselves sorry to rant

DAVEBRAD

Post by DAVEBRAD » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Sold out and and humiliated... the lunatics are taking over the asylum, and democracy is DEAD.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 am

The Prime Minister is apparently ( after two years) going to have talks with Jezza so we will probably end up with a watered down Brexit combining Mrs May's deal and a Customs union ( which in theory the DUP and SNP won't like but they will be out voted) - Assuming the EU allow a renegotiation after all this time.

Unlike a single market a Customs union does not allow free movement of people into this country so might satisfy one of the main popularist demands? But will a majority of Tories vote for this and they are the elected government?

The Government might end up voting for an opposition amendment so Mrs May can get her 'deal' through - crazy

two1938

Post by two1938 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 am

Sorry to keep posting on here but realise that any contributions seem to be more balanved than some I have seen

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:18 am

slogen51 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 am
The Prime Minister is apparently ( after two years) going to have talks with Jezza so we will probably end up with a watered down Brexit combining Mrs May's deal and a Customs union ( which in theory the DUP and SNP won't like but they will be out voted) - Assuming the EU allow a renegotiation after all this time.

Unlike a single market a Customs union does not allow free movement of people into this country so might satisfy one of the main popularist demands? But will a majority of Tories vote for this and they are the elected government?

The Government might end up voting for an opposition amendment so Mrs May can get her 'deal' through - crazy
The thing is I think Labour will still insist that whatever they agree on is taken to a "confirmatory vote" with the public, at which point it will be rejected, and we'll be right back to square one :P

two1938

Post by two1938 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm

The main benefit is we do not have to take any notice of\tusk on the reverse we may have to tolerate Corbyn in cahoots with Merkel

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:26 am

I realize the DUP kowtow to the Conservative party but their voting pattern is very inconsistent - now they are voting with the government against blocking no deal and against an extension ( which I agree with - let's get Brexit done) but last week they ( with the ERG) blocked Brexit by voting against the government and voted for a customs union?

It's better than F1 or the football

Headancer

Post by Headancer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:51 pm

I cannot believe that we are being told by pipsqeek ministers in countries which are no bigger than Somerset telling the UK what we should and shouldn't be doing.....

Whilst appeciating we don't want to be seen as Billy big boots I honestly cannot believe we have junior ministers in the likes of Malta, Latvia, Lithuania etc strutting about telling us what we should and shouldnt be doing and laying down ultimatum after ultimatum.

I was a reluctant remainer but it's no wonder some people are thinking get stuffed.

We have given the EU and some of these smaller countries billions in subsidies and i really believe the likes of Tusk and Barnier have treated us appallingly. Last week May apparently had to sit on her own for dinner after the last summit. The EU has it's own agenda to ensure this is as painful as possible but I feel this is shocking behaviour.

We currently have B52s on UK soil protecting us and indeed the EU against Russian aggression, why oh why are we not screaming this from the rooftops?

Maybe Malta Latvia Lithunia would like them on their soil or will they rely on an EU army to defend them. Good luck there.

I don't see many Maltese frigates or Latvian Typhoons in the mix.

I do feel we are watching Europe's back but it seemingly counts for nothing.

DAVEBRAD

Post by DAVEBRAD » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm

I've been watching the film IKE these last 2 nights, and one scene where Ike and Churchill were asking De gaulle to ask the French people to help and aid allied troops during the invasion, but because he wasn't in charge or more involved he said non (sounded familiar to the 60's). Anyway he said to Churchill about wanting or needing France, to which Churchill said " if it was a choice between Europe or the sea " he would take the sea every time...
I can't say old Winny was right all the time, but we've need his guile these past 3yrs...and we would not be begging for scraps either.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:24 pm

If Boris doesn't ask for an extension he goes to jail under the new law - incredible!

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:39 pm

Boris needs to get his head together with Farage asap that will shake a few of them up.
Comfortably Numb

Vulcan74

Post by Vulcan74 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm

It would come as no surprise to me if Boris does not resign. With is past record of either resigning or doing u turns, he's like a firework that will fizz out!!

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:41 pm

We might get Trump style calls of "Lock him up" from the opposition benches

It is becoming a serious situation that is difficult to take seriously.

Return to “General Chat”