Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

U.F.O.s

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
reheat

U.F.O.s

Post by reheat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Anyone believe that E.T. machines actually exist, and does anyone have any photos, videos or good stories to tell of their encounters? Surely, we are not alone in the universe, and there is some very compelling videos on you tube to get one thinking that they are indeed real. Over to you guys.
Regards,

Steve.

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: U.F.O.s

Post by garyscott » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Personally, i think its impossible that life is solely found on this rock earth. Life must be elsewhere, and not sporadic either. Following the Drake equation, there would be millions of unique instances of life, and many, many types of intelligence. But given the vastness, and the arrogance that we must be worth visiting, i think the sheer volume of sightings etc, are just wishful thinking.
There is also the time aspect.
Other life may well evolve to the type able to cross the stars, but that may be many eons in the future, or indeed the past. They could well have already either blown themselves to kingdom come, died out naturally, or passed through our little part of the universe, long before anything resembling life took hold, and therefore the "ships log" for this area would read "nothing found of note, moving on . . ".

It will happen . . the first contact that leads to hopefully greater things . . . we can but wait.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:17 pm

The way I see it is that if there is life on Earth then the ingredients which created us must be found throughout the universe, although whether those ingredients have also come together elsewhere to create other life remains to be seen.

Considering just how vast the universe is, and taking into account the hundreds of other Galaxies out there I'd say that there's a very good chance that life exists elsewhere, but the incredible distances between those Galaxies and our own Milky Way must greatly reduce the chances of us ever finding out. We don't even know for certain whether there is any other life within our own Milky Way galaxy!

Its all about exploration, if we look then we may find, and maybe somebody out there in space is also looking for other life? The universe is absolutely massive, and to think that we are all living on a tiny little planet suspended in the huge black mass of space is a mind boggling thought.
In the scale of things I'd say that our planet would be quite hard to find visually, but with all the electronic communications we have transmitted over the years we probably stand out among the stars like a sore thumb!

As for UFO's, there have been numerous sightings for decades but still not one of them can be 100% confirmed as an extraterrestrial spacecraft from another planet!

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Knife 04

Post by Knife 04 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 am

Certainly I believe - taken on 9th October 2016 :ninja: :ninja:

ImageLanding Site (1) by Darren Currie, on Flickr

In all seriousness I do think there is a good possibility of another form of intelligence being some where out there but in what form I dont know. As Tankbuster said this is a huge universe and there are more galaxies out there

Darren
21st Special Operations Squadron 'Dust Devils'
'So cool other pilots say Damn!' - Slife Slife Baby

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22790934@N07/

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 am

i think it's impossible there ISN'T life elsewhere, given the sheer number of suns out there and the planets around them. as for visiting us, i think it's entirely possible/probably. given the original Roswell reports, i'd think that at least was genuine, beyond that it's hard/impossible to dig through the idiots/hoaxes/deliberate misinformation. i've read several of Tim Good's books and i think there's a lot of genuine stuff in there that's food for thought.
a few decades ago we were a blooming species on the verge of nuclear powers and space exploration, and visitors probably would have been fascinated by us. now we're a species that shoot each other through a book for the sole purpose of getting youtube hits, so quite probably we've been written off as worth staying away from. if the HItchhiker's Guide does exist, we're probably now listed as "mostly stupid".

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:20 am

There is probably/likely intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Very little evidence of it here on Earth though judging by the number of people that believe in Alien UFO's.

IMHO.

Ghastly Whisper

Post by Ghastly Whisper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm 100% sure that in some far away place life could exist.

Norfolk? Lincolnshire? who knows?
Never give up control. Live life on your own terms.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:23 pm

I do hope it exists , got to be better than some people on this earth!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Blackcat1 wrote:I do hope it exists , got to be better than some people on this earth!
Eh? Have you watched Alien? :o
Dan
"Shakin the tree boss, shakin the tree"

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Yep i have, as horrible as Alien is ,still got to be better than some people!!!! Lo! :-)
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

C24

Post by C24 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Good w/end question 'reheat '

Hidden in my garage are three machines similar to the one shown ridden by ET. They differ in that none are fitted with a basket on the handlebars, although one has two pannier bags. None have ever been propelled above the surface of the Earth although one departed from controlled motion navigating a bumpy bend off-road. (R r rs over tti).
Before being too concerned about intelligent life on other planets, or further away in the Universe, we need to define what we mean by "intelligent ".
Then address the question "Is there any intelligent life on Earth?"
Follow that with " are Humans intelligent?"

Got to go to collect the Fish supper.

Later :roll: :)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:40 am

Ghastly Whisper wrote:I'm 100% sure that in some far away place life could exist.

Norfolk? Lincolnshire? who knows?
Norfolk??? You pushing the boundaries there :P

Mind you, you didn't say intelligent life :lol:

Only joking, as a good ole Suffolk boy :whistle:

Trev
"GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER" ..... CHOSEN04. Still flying in our thoughts and hearts .....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teejay-2012

Vulcanone

Post by Vulcanone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:44 am

One things for sure they failed to make contact as they must have seen the utter tosh that is Jeremy Kyle every morning.

Saying that... Please come back and take them all for experiments No wonder they given em a probe.....!!! :whistle:

Still can't figure what Stepfather finds interesting in that programme :roll:

Retreat.....

Tim S

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:37 pm

One more time..... my opinion:-

Yes there could be other 'life' forms out there, there are far too many potential other planets for there not to be.

No they have never ever visited us, for the simple reason if they were as intelligent as us or rather far more intelligent than us (Which they must be if they were capable of travelling such vast distances as would be required) Do you honestly think they wouldn't stop and make proper contact!?
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Oh and if you'd been down "Bigg Market" in Newcastle on any given Saturday you may want to question my above statement.

:whistle: :whistle:
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:54 pm

One reported in Wisbech, Police have detained her
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/polic ... -1-5088938

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Maybe they have seen the human population and thought oh my let's get out of here! ;-)
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

Fastwalker

Post by Fastwalker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Several months ago a mate of mine told me of a ufo that passed over his car near Skegness ,he said it was a large rectangular shape with line type markings and 'things' hanging down from it. This was back in 1996. Information about this from the government was just released last week after a 20 year rule. The RAF were told not to react to these sightings from someone in government at the time.

Usernamegoeshere

Post by Usernamegoeshere » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 pm

amazing video i recorded of a UFO as seen from Burwell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCzKYLnKUI

Dave

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 am

Osprey
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Return to “General Chat”