Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Brexit - EU Poll

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.

EU Poll

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:35 pm

In
27%
Out
67%
Not a clue which to choose
6%

Total votes: 229

Gary
Administrator

Brexit - EU Poll

Post by Gary » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Politics is such a personal and devisive subject. So at the moment I just want a snap poll to see what people are thinking.

You don't have to comment or say which way you have voted.
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Mike

Re: Brexit - EU Poll

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Can we have a "Not got a clue which way to vote" option, Gary? :lol:
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Without the EU, I would not have 3 very well equipped colleges to choose from, and I would still have 1mb/s internet speeds (now 50+mb/s). As a county without the EU, Cornwall would have less visitor attractions, meaning less jobs, less trade, and less tourism (which in many places here is what keeps things running), and much of mid Cornwall would still be an industrial wasteland left over from our many years of mining.

So, it's an in vote from me. :) (...but I'm not old enough :( )

Jaymer15

Post by Jaymer15 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Lots of reasons to vote out. But there's one big question that needs to answered and that is what will happen with the economy if we are out. At moment I would have to say I've not got a clue which way to vote.

martmpf

Post by martmpf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:47 pm

The problem is the subject is far too complicated for most to comprehend. To leave it to Sun readers is Mr. Camerons mistake one, among others.
Last edited by martmpf on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Been discussing this with lots of people recently.
I was always firmly in the Leave Europe camp.

But, now I really don't know.
In the Global scheme of things it concerns me what would happen if there were another Financial Crisis. I know Britain was strong compared to some others in the last one, but could we weather the storm again if we weren't in Europe ?
It's so ruddy complicated, I'm sure there's a barrage of truths,lies and propaganda racing towards us as we speak.

Can we please have a 'Bury my head in the sand and hope it all turns out fine' button :-)
We could call it the 'Ostrich Option'

opsjockey

Post by opsjockey » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:14 pm

OUT.

Rugbyref

Post by Rugbyref » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Well I can think of better use for £12 Billion per annum that we pour down the EU drain. And then the auditors cannot sign off the accounts as accurate for the last 21 years!

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Rugbyref wrote:Well I can think of better use for £12 Billion per annum that we pour down the EU drain. And then the auditors cannot sign off the accounts as accurate for the last 21 years!
That's the same £12 Billion Mr Osboure wants to cut from the welfare budget. So if that was the only outcome I would say OUT(I'm full time Carer for my Disabled Wife), but there are a lot of issues so I'm in the Don't Know camp at the moment.

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Six of us on parade today, 4 will vote out, other 2 as yet undecided.

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:08 pm

KyleG wrote:Without the EU, I would not have 3 very well equipped colleges to choose from, and I would still have 1mb/s internet speeds (now 50+mb/s). As a county without the EU, Cornwall would have less visitor attractions, meaning less jobs, less trade, and less tourism (which in many places here is what keeps things running), and much of mid Cornwall would still be an industrial wasteland left over from our many years of mining.

Can you please explain why you think that. So an old man who was about pre EU can make up his mind which way to VOTE.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:08 am

As David Cameron says, leaving will be a leap in the dark. To the exit voters, I say that you think the U.K. wouild be better off outside, but you don't REALLY know that. Be careful what you wish for. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't. Personally, I'm very disappointed that there will be a referendum in the first place. This government was elected to run the country. Having a referendum is allowing the 'people' to run the country.
I asked my next-door-neighbour the other day wether he would vote in or out. He said out, absolutely!. I asked him why we would be better off, and he couldn't give me an answer!!. Someone has already alluded to 'Sun' readers running the country via this referendum. Now I am not tarring all 'Sun' readers with the same brush here, but there are many, many people who will not really have a clue what they are voting for, and, most certainly, will never bother to find out!!. This referendum could be a disaster for Britain!, and if, in time, Brexit is proved wrong, and we go downhill, then my only satisfaction wioll be 'Don't blame me, I told you so!'.

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:59 am

jem60 wrote:but there are many, many people who will not really have a clue what they are voting for, and, most certainly, will never bother to find out!!. This referendum could be a disaster for Britain!.
I have bothered, I've looked at the economics, I've made my personal assessment and it's not a leap into the dark but a journey into clarity, and first time for a long time control of our own destiny in so many areas.

Im more concerned by the current level of scare mongering by the 'IN' side much of which is so easily refuted, with facts, by the 'OUT' side, yet the reverse doesn't seem to occur?

I don't read any newspapers, least of all the Sun, or watch that much tv news. Im old enough and intelligent enough to make my own mind up, vote out and accept what that means - good or bad - because I was allowed to make that democratic decision. Many in other countries would love the opportunity to improve their lot by simply making their mark rather than civil unrest or taking up arms.

A disaster for Britain'? No, the best opportunity for Britain for ages.
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 am

Gadget Man wrote:
KyleG wrote:Without the EU, I would not have 3 very well equipped colleges to choose from, and I would still have 1mb/s internet speeds (now 50+mb/s). As a county without the EU, Cornwall would have less visitor attractions, meaning less jobs, less trade, and less tourism (which in many places here is what keeps things running), and much of mid Cornwall would still be an industrial wasteland left over from our many years of mining.

Can you please explain why you think that. So an old man who was about pre EU can make up his mind which way to VOTE.
http://i.imgur.com/STtA8Fh.png :)

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:25 pm

KyleG That only explains how much the EU has spent on those projects.

Now if we had not joined the EU, would there be more or less money, available to invest in these and other projects?

opsjockey

Post by opsjockey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Good Job Kyle isnt old enough to vote. Astonishing.

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Gadget Man wrote:KyleG That only explains how much the EU has spent on those projects.

Now if we had not joined the EU, would there be more or less money, available to invest in these and other projects?
If we go by how it's been historically, none of those would have been funded if the Govt kept all of our EU contributions.

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:47 pm

opsjockey wrote:Good Job Kyle isnt old enough to vote. Astonishing.
Because I disagree with you.....? :S

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

If we weren't in the EU, the money Kyle speaks of would've been spent by UK politicians. For me that is the problem, politicians of all persuasions will be swayed by party politics in such decisions, not by what may be best for people at a local and national level. Although the EU beaurocracy, gravy train, and accountability need dealing with, it has shown a wider view than partisan priorities in such decisions.

Surprised no one has mentioned this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-35647071

And Ops Jockey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, we can disagree and you're entitled to air yours which you have, but I find your comment about Kyle unneccesarily condescending, at least he's given reasons for his.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

opsjockey

Post by opsjockey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Yup, internet and tourism in Cornwall... ive changed my mind, im IN.

Return to “General Chat”