Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

COVID-19 UK

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
ArabJazzie

Re: COVID-19 UK

Post by ArabJazzie » Thu May 12, 2022 9:07 pm

bizfreeq wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 pm
Have had Covid twice now, and have had long Covid since the first batch two years ago. Luckily it hasn't got worse since the second time around, but it certainly hasn't improved either. Chronic fatigue, shortness of breath especially after anything physical such as walking up a short incline, sleep patterns are appalling! Still, I'm still alive and kicking so that's a bonus! :thumbs:
I wish you all the best for your recovery bud.

My sister has avoided Covid until recently and is suffering from fatigue as part of her symptoms. My eldest though has worked as a carer throughout, ignored some of the rules, didnt catch it when 3 in our house were positive, and despite working with her patient for a full week recently while he was positive has totally avoided this damn virus!
Arabest,
Geoff.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri May 13, 2022 4:03 am

Hi Mark :P

Best wishes for your speedy recovery, bud :thumbs:

The boss has had it twice, and she was gracious enough to donate it to me once as well :whistle:

Take care :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Fri May 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Thanks chaps, I'll be fine, it's a case of living with it for however long it takes (no-one has a clue on that at the moment) and knowing my limitations as I try to lead a normal life. I don't feel ill as such, and I fight the lethargy as hard as I can so I can do as much as I can but I'm ready for bed at the end of the working day, fast asleep as soon as I sit down at home! Trouble is the sleep patterns go out the window then and they are already bad enough as it is!
Hope your sister recovers quickly Geoff, and good to hear you're both OK Paddy, I know the challenges you two must have been facing.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Speedy recovery!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:54 pm

Hope it all turns out well guys. My wife says, like a lot of people, that the lethargy is the problem. Six weeks now, but getting much better. Glad P and A are coping well. [I had my fourth jab today, and have escaped Covid so far........]

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sun May 15, 2022 6:08 am

Well big surprise!!. Being an oldie, thought the fourth jab would be a doddle. NOT SO.!! By evening, was feeling distinctly unwell, terrible night, and awful fatigue the next day, and very out of sorts!!!. Did a test, negative. Better this morning, slow return to normal. Be prepared for this to happen. Had no reaction at all to previous jabs!.

C24

Post by C24 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:05 am

🇺🇦. 🌻 😷

Raptor9. Not good to hear but at least it is working. You have my sympathy. It is strange how people react to the vaccines. My 4th taken on 1April was Moderna. No major reaction but I’ve since continued to be lethargic (old age?)
Two of A-Z and the third was Pfizer with hardly any discomfort from any. Better to have been vaccinated than not.
Take a day in bed, every day is a bonus. Be careful crossing the road!
😷. 👐🏼🤡🛰
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Mon May 16, 2022 4:35 am

Hope you feel better soon, John :)

Get Terri to give you some extra tlc ;)

Best wishes :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:19 am

Cheers, Paddy. Fine now. T says she is going to give you a good slapping. :)[you might enjoy that] Must admit I hadn't felt that bad for years!. Kind regards to both. Sometimes for some people life is not so easy I have rejoined IWM for Duxford this year, so will get to see some old fiends. X from Terri. X for Ann.

cat1

Post by cat1 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:21 am

maybe we could ask a favor of some squadrons and arrange a fly-past to break the boredom of those quarantined! :Wow:
We are all on earth to help others, what on earth the others are here for..

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:37 pm

Living where I do, I get flypasts from a Spitfire, a Harvard, Low-flying Hercs etc, most days and sometimes get attacked by Apaches late at night!!. :)

Return to “General Chat”