Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

exercise chameleon

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leuchars here
Post Reply
sufa 36
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:46 am
Location: guardbridge fife

exercise chameleon

Post by sufa 36 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 am

exercise chamelon with run from 1st september until 20th for 3 weeks

should be chinooks/puma/aphche/c-130? :thumb:

Allan

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:33 pm

sufa 36 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 am
exercise chamelon with run from 1st september until 20th for 3 weeks

should be chinooks/puma/aphche/c-130? :thumb:

Allan

Excellent news, I might pop over one day as I was lucky enough to catch the Apaches when I went over last year.

venom
Posts: 7676
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: falkirk
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by venom » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm

should be up at some point
colin

jwramsay
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by jwramsay » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 am

Everything positioned in on Sunday of last year - 3 Chinooks, 4 Apache, 2 C-130 Hercules.
Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

User avatar
Jack-The-Lad
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Leuchars
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Jack-The-Lad » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Any idea when these will be up at Leuchars? Woulnd't mind heading over from Dundee to check it out! :thumbs:

Red-Eye-Knight
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Jack-The-Lad wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 pm
Any idea when these will be up at Leuchars? Woulnd't mind heading over from Dundee to check it out! :thumbs:
Same here my friend, I went over last year on the odd day here and there and its just luck if they are flying or not I was lucky enough to catch the Apaches last year and the year before I was lucky enough to catch the Chinook with some troops dangling from some line under it, Was very cool to see.

I am over towards St Andrews most days so if I see anything I will let you know :thumb:

np1991
Moderator
Posts: 3296
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: Forres, Scotland

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by np1991 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:12 pm

I'd take a chance and go down on Sunday if I was going.
Cheers Niall

Nikon D7200
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8
Nikon 300mm f2.8 (borrowed)
Nikon 18-140mm

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/59398793@N03/

User avatar
Jack-The-Lad
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Leuchars
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Jack-The-Lad » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 am

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 pm
Jack-The-Lad wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 pm
Any idea when these will be up at Leuchars? Woulnd't mind heading over from Dundee to check it out! :thumbs:
Same here my friend, I went over last year on the odd day here and there and its just luck if they are flying or not I was lucky enough to catch the Apaches last year and the year before I was lucky enough to catch the Chinook with some troops dangling from some line under it, Was very cool to see.

I am over towards St Andrews most days so if I see anything I will let you know :thumb:
Thanks! I might be on base this morning with work, so if I see anything i'll report back. :thumb:

venom
Posts: 7676
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: falkirk
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by venom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:27 pm

be careful security's all over the place n not nice no photography signs everywhere sp forces do not like geting here photos tsken

jwramsay
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by jwramsay » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:37 pm

Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

jwramsay
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by jwramsay » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

jwramsay
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by jwramsay » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:43 pm

https://youtu.be/zQV2DhZR-mo

Some of the goings on from 2018
Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

User avatar
Jack-The-Lad
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Leuchars
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Jack-The-Lad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:18 am

Just checked 360Radar, x3 Apache's heading due north from Wattisham - What's the chances there heading up to Leuchars for the ex?

Call signs are Viper 1, 2 & 3.

Viper 1 is just east of Doncaster at the moment.

sufa 36
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:46 am
Location: guardbridge fife

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by sufa 36 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am

Jack-The-Lad wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:18 am
Just checked 360Radar, x3 Apache's heading due north from Wattisham - What's the chances there heading up to Leuchars for the ex?

Call signs are Viper 1, 2 & 3.

Viper 1 is just east of Doncaster at the moment.
should be 4 aphches 3 chinook 2 c-130 due today

Allan

User avatar
Jack-The-Lad
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Leuchars
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Jack-The-Lad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 am

sufa 36 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am
Jack-The-Lad wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:18 am
Just checked 360Radar, x3 Apache's heading due north from Wattisham - What's the chances there heading up to Leuchars for the ex?

Call signs are Viper 1, 2 & 3.

Viper 1 is just east of Doncaster at the moment.
should be 4 aphches 3 chinook 2 c-130 due today

Allan
Cheers! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the radar and head across if I see anything :D

Craig78
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 am

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by Craig78 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:06 am

C130 east of Edinburgh

wildcat1
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by wildcat1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am

Viper form just departed Doncaster 3 x AH64 Heading north.

User avatar
vulcanxl425
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 am
Location: East of Lossiemouth

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by vulcanxl425 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:44 am

ZH 875 C-130 Zorro1 in local area.
Now headed south into North Yorkshire 1254.
Al

User avatar
toom317
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by toom317 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Just had the 3 of them over Hawick, in the Scottish Borders, heading North. Not showing on adsb as usual.
No one gets out of life alive.



Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

User avatar
alanp
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: exercise chameleon

Post by alanp » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:31 pm

toom317 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:28 pm
Just had the 3 of them over Hawick, in the Scottish Borders, heading North. Not showing on adsb as usual.
Great Danny, I’m on the hill behind my house ready for them!
Shameless self promotion on Flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/spuggs

Post Reply

Return to “RAF Leuchars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests