Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

turkish navy atr

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
Post Reply
venom
Posts: 6956
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: falkirk
Contact:

turkish navy atr

Post by venom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:20 pm

anyone shed any light on this it did 2 low aproachsthis morning

duran212
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: turkish navy atr

Post by duran212 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Its the one based in Stornoway for the last couple of weeks.

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 16562
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Turkish Navy ATR72

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm

duran212 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm
Its the one based in Stornoway for the last couple of weeks.
It's temporary serial is CSX-62296, which is an Italian military test serial as they're fitted-out for military operators in Turin, construction number should be 1070 and is one of the six ATR72-600MPAs on order for the Turkish Navy. It did 2 or 3 missed approaches at Glasgow today and then returned to Stornoway before doing yet more testing over the Benbecula ranges later this afternoon.

scimitar
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Turkish Navy ATR72

Post by scimitar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm
duran212 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm
Its the one based in Stornoway for the last couple of weeks.
It's temporary serial is CSX-62296, which is an Italian military test serial as they're fitted-out for military operators in Turin, construction number should be 1070 and is one of the six ATR72-600MPAs on order for the Turkish Navy. It did 2 or 3 missed approaches at Glasgow today and then returned to Stornoway before doing yet more testing over the Benbecula ranges later this afternoon.
Very informative and helpful, thanks Mike.
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 16562
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Turkish Navy ATR72

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:37 pm

scimitar wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Mike wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm
duran212 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm
Its the one based in Stornoway for the last couple of weeks.
It's temporary serial is CSX-62296, which is an Italian military test serial as they're fitted-out for military operators in Turin, construction number should be 1070 and is one of the six ATR72-600MPAs on order for the Turkish Navy. It did 2 or 3 missed approaches at Glasgow today and then returned to Stornoway before doing yet more testing over the Benbecula ranges later this afternoon.
Very informative and helpful, thanks Mike.
No problem, I thought that it's deployment had already been posted on here somewhere, but obviously not! It's daily flights to the Benbecula ranges are always visible on FR24. :)

scimitar
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Turkish Navy ATR72

Post by scimitar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:37 pm
scimitar wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Mike wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:42 pm


It's temporary serial is CSX-62296, which is an Italian military test serial as they're fitted-out for military operators in Turin, construction number should be 1070 and is one of the six ATR72-600MPAs on order for the Turkish Navy. It did 2 or 3 missed approaches at Glasgow today and then returned to Stornoway before doing yet more testing over the Benbecula ranges later this afternoon.
Very informative and helpful, thanks Mike.
No problem, I thought that it's deployment had already been posted on here somewhere, but obviously not! It's daily flights to the Benbecula ranges are always visible on FR24. :)
Saw it on the apps last Thursday when I was at EGPK. Assumed, incorrectly, that it was heading Stateside. Thanks again.

Andrew
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm

venom
Posts: 6956
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: falkirk
Contact:

Re: turkish navy atr

Post by venom » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 pm

thanks chaps
colin

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 16562
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Up North

Re: turkish navy atr

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am

It's currently heading South over Glasgow at FL190 and visible on FR24, going home maybe?

Post Reply

Return to “Scotland and Ireland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests