Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

View area info please

Please post movements and activities to do with BAE Woodford here
youth

View area info please

Post by youth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 am

Hi all planning on visiting Woodford Saturday to see Nimrods can any one give me advice on best area to park & view the aircraft please only been to airshow years ago so my local knowledge is poor thanks in advance Youth

POL

Re: View area info please

Post by POL » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 am

You'd have to go down Old Hall Lane, which is at the 07 end. Just so you're aware, it always used to be the case the the people at the BAe gold club which is down there weren't exactly keen on spotters, so staying for more than a few minutes wasn't a good idea. Not too sure if it's got any better now.

youth

Post by youth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 am

thanks for info Chris :thumb:

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:47 am

I was there on Saturday to take some pictures (in current mil pictures) and nobody battered an eye lid.

Christian

flat cap

Post by flat cap » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Battered eyelid? Sounds tasty. Batted, you mean! :P

Rather than park in the golf club (it's pretty small) there is a layby on the right about 100m before the car park where walkers park. Park there and amble down.

Fancy your chances at the finals doors? There is a footpath straight off the mini roundabout at the bramhall end which can give good views.

Or, follow Bridle Road all the way round for more over the airfield views.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 2&t=h&z=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For Historical interest, Roy Chadwicks grave is in the church at Old Hall Lane.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flatcap707/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

youth

Post by youth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:16 pm

thanks for all the info guys & thanks for the map flat cap just hope I get there before the cutting crew do!
thanks again Youth :thumb:

Return to “BAE Woodford”