Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Viewing Areas Linton?

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Linton-on-Ouse here
tina1973

Viewing Areas Linton?

Post by tina1973 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 am

Hi Guys
I hope you're all well.
Just a quickie. Are there any viewing areas at RAF Linton-on-Ouse? I'm thinking of going to see the Reds training flights this month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Tina x

Grahame W

Re: Viewing Areas Linton?

Post by Grahame W » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Tina
As you head west out of the village of Linton on Ouse, look to the right, and you will see a crash gate close to the threshold of Runway 03. There is an area here with room for parking a limited number of cars, but make sure you don't block the crash gate itself. I don't know if you are into photography, but if 03 is in use (i.e. if the wind is from the north), you can get good shots of aircraft landing, and also of aircraft taxiing out to take off (they go right past the parking area). You can also move a short distance up the road, and get good approach shots from the grass verge. As far as I know, there is no decent viewpoint elsewhere (e.g. when Runway 21 is in use). If there is some event happening - a graduation day, for example - make sure you get there early, as the parking places tend to fill up quickly.

Hope this helps.
Grahame W

tina1973

Re: Viewing Areas Linton?

Post by tina1973 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks Grahame. That's really useful. I want to pop over and watch the Reds doing their practise display.
The other half is more interested in the photography. I took some useless photos at Coningsby. All fence and no plane!
Thank you again
Tina xxx

Return to “RAF Linton-on-Ouse”