Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Log 10/4/14

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leeming here
EGNV

Log 10/4/14

Post by EGNV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Spent a couple of hours at Leeming this afternoon between 2 and 4, nothing happened for the first 45 mins then it picked up

F15 flew through at 5000ft ( no call sign?)
Typhoon 54 came in for a low approach ( Two seat Jet- Foreign Pilot, departed to the south)
Pirate 14 ( Recovery)
Typhoon 46 came in for a Low approach ( Two seat Jet - Foreign Pilot, Departed to the south)
Savage 72,71 (Recovery)
Trespass flight ( 2 Jets- Depart)
Also two Tornado's were visible opposite the viewing area for a short time ( no tail codes)
Hope this is of interest

Cheers

GarryL

Re: Log 10/4/14

Post by GarryL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Nice to see some activity on the Leeming page - thanks for report, looks like it was worth popping down.

Was the viewing area open again ?

Garry

EGNV

Post by EGNV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi Garry
Unfortunately the viewing area was closed, not to sure why? But you can get one car parked on the ramp leading into it. It was my first vist of the year to a base, so quite pleased with what I saw in 2 hours.
Cheers
Roy

Billyzinc

Post by Billyzinc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks for the update, I've been a couple of times and the Hawks, a few helicopters and the "reduce to produce" Tornados are all I've seen. wifey not that keen on going while the friendlies is shut (she likes to sit and read mags for the couple of hours that we're there.

GarryL

Post by GarryL » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 am

I had heard that cut backs had meant there wasnt the staff to open and shut it these days - it would be a pity if this was the case.

I cant see any other logical reason, as there are no exercises on at the moment and it has been permenantely shut for quite a while now

Garry

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:48 pm

GarryL wrote:I had heard that cut backs had meant there wasnt the staff to open and shut it these days - it would be a pity if this was the case.

I cant see any other logical reason, as there are no exercises on at the moment and it has been permenantely shut for quite a while now

Garry
I have Friends who are members of FLAG and this is exactly what they were told at their AGM that is held on base. It's also around not being able to release people to keep the bins empty.

Colin

Return to “RAF Leeming”