Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Yorknite 2021

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leeming here
User avatar
p6025
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by p6025 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Bluetail wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm
tony54321 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:34 am
Another early start for the hornets, Copper01 flight up at 10:30
"Copper 01 Flight" J-5001 & J-5234, arrived at Lossiemouth at 11.05am. J-5001 was fitted with a "LIVE" AMRAAM on the outboard right wing pylon. They departed to Benbecular at 1.20pm but it would be nice to know if the AMRAAM was still fitted on its return to Leeming.
flight reported themselves 'unarmed' contacting Leeming upon return.

User avatar
Bluetail
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Way up North
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Bluetail » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:32 pm

p6025 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:32 pm
Bluetail wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 pm
tony54321 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:34 am
Another early start for the hornets, Copper01 flight up at 10:30
"Copper 01 Flight" J-5001 & J-5234, arrived at Lossiemouth at 11.05am. J-5001 was fitted with a "LIVE" AMRAAM on the outboard right wing pylon. They departed to Benbecular at 1.20pm but it would be nice to know if the AMRAAM was still fitted on its return to Leeming.
flight reported themselves 'unarmed' contacting Leeming upon return.
Many thanks
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do!!!!
WEBSITE... http://3adpictures.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FergiZA600
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by FergiZA600 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:01 am

Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-24 T-786 (SwissAirForce523) currently inbound into Leeming.

Focal_Plane
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Focal_Plane » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Does anyone know if the Swiss flew any training missions this afternoon prior to those at 17:15?

MTIA
Focal Plane Photography - The one, the original......

Andy12
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Andy12 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm

14:25 2x J-5008 and J-5018
14:38 3× J-5004, J-5016, J-5024 (004 and 024 in pairs T/O)

About an hour later the 3 ship arrived first followed by the 2 ship.

No RAF Hawks but the Qatar Hawks ZB133 and ZB135 flew early afternoon with ZB135 popping a brake chute on landing.

Focal_Plane
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Focal_Plane » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Andy12 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm
14:25 2x J-5008 and J-5018
14:38 3× J-5004, J-5016, J-5024 (004 and 024 in pairs T/O)

About an hour later the 3 ship arrived first followed by the 2 ship.

No RAF Hawks but the Qatar Hawks ZB133 and ZB135 flew early afternoon with ZB135 popping a brake chute on landing.
Thanks very much Andy.

Much appreciated.

Would anyone have a callsign for the two Swiss flights please? I think one may have been "Baton ??".
Last edited by Focal_Plane on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Focal Plane Photography - The one, the original......

User avatar
Freeman Lowell
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: Next to Mrs Kipling in Blandford Forum

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Freeman Lowell » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:29 pm

To add, the flightline consisted of Hawks CH,CO,CS,CA,CG,CM,ZB132,ZB133 & ZB135 before the 100sqn examples were hangared. ZB131 & ZB134 could be seen in the southern hangar when the Grobs were put away, with ZB131 being the example nearest the doors.
Nice to see you again today Kip.
Freeman and Mrs Kipling

fadeproof
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:12 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by fadeproof » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:31 am

Twoseaters inbound, currently overhead france
SUI401 J-5236
SUI402 J-5238

User avatar
CHILL51
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Oxfordshire.

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by CHILL51 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 am

10.57 SWISS AF 401 working Swan Mil 275.625
Mike

Uniden UBC BCT 15X Base Scanner
Uniden UBC 785 XLT Base Scanner
Drake R8A
Diamond D.777
Wellbrook ALA 1530L

fadeproof
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:12 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by fadeproof » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:22 am

SUI405 J-5024 went back home to Payerne

User avatar
BOLLO
Posts: 75972
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Nottingham/Mildenhall.

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by BOLLO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:23 am

SWISS AF 401 inbound back to Leeming
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 20562
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Far, far away on a distant planet

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:33 pm

fadeproof wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:31 am
Twoseaters inbound, currently overhead france
SUI401 J-5236
SUI402 J-5238
These serials have been confirmed from photos on the Leeming FB page.
Russell Hobbs 20460, Indesit LR8S1S.1, Panasonic NN-E28JMMBPQ, Panasonic TX55GX550B, Gazco 16" Logic2, McCulloch CS 35S

Support the Fighter Control Monthly Photo Competition :- Click here! :thumb:

Olliec33
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Olliec33 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 am

J-5001
J-5238

Departed 1029

David Thompson
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by David Thompson » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:46 am

Olliec33 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 am
J-5001
J-5238

Departed 1029
Possibly to Lossie for live firing on the Benbecula range . Hornet J-5001 usually shows on virtual radar and was using COPPER01 c/s last week .
Youth is wasted on the young !

tony54321
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by tony54321 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Swiss helicopters getting ready for departure at 14:20 callsigns sounds like Grey?
Edit: a busy few hours between 1400-1600. 236,018,026,008,009,016 departed T340,T332,T342 did a short sortie to the north.
5001 and 5238 returned from Lossie.

Focal_Plane
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Focal_Plane » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:30 pm

tony54321 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm
Swiss helicopters getting ready for departure at 14:20 callsigns sounds like Grey?
Edit: a busy few hours between 1400-1600. 236,018,026,008,009,016 departed T340,T332,T342 did a short sortie to the north.
5001 and 5238 returned from Lossie.
Tony,

Thanks for the info`.

Are those Hornet`s in departure order? They look as though they might be.

MTIA
Focal Plane Photography - The one, the original......

Bluesteve
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Bluesteve » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am

Presumably with the 30-35 mph wind gusts expected there won't be much flying today or tomorrow?
Steve

David Thompson
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by David Thompson » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:30 am

Bluesteve wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am
Presumably with the 30-35 mph wind gusts expected there won't be much flying today or tomorrow?
Steve
J-5001 and J-5238 both just off to Lossie and then presumably the Benbecula range as appears the norm now with the 10:30 sortie .
Youth is wasted on the young !

tony54321
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by tony54321 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 am

SUI523 T-752 paid a quick visit this morning, currently heading back south. Info from ADSBexchange.

Bluesteve
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: Yorknite 2021

Post by Bluesteve » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks David.
Steve

Post Reply

Return to “RAF Leeming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests