Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Chinook Last Night Newcastle Heliport

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
Andy_99

Chinook Last Night Newcastle Heliport

Post by Andy_99 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 am

Spotted last night a Chinook doing touch & goes as what I presume was Newcastle Heliport.

Looked Pretty impressive as it came in over the Tyne.

nespots46

Re: Chinook Last Night Newcastle Heliport

Post by nespots46 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:14 am

Hi
My first posting!
There have been a number of Chinooks do just this over the past few weeks at odd times. They come into Newcastle from the South over my town and I loose sight of them as they go down onto Newcastle somewhere, but within five minutes they are off again and fly south west or west as the most recent one did about 15mins ago.
That one had a white stripe along it's side and a large red patch on it's tail. Can anyone please explain what it's all about.
Thanks

JAWS

Post by JAWS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 am

nespots46 wrote:Hi
My first posting!
There have been a number of Chinooks do just this over the past few weeks at odd times. They come into Newcastle from the South over my town and I loose sight of them as they go down onto Newcastle somewhere, but within five minutes they are off again and fly south west or west as the most recent one did about 15mins ago.
That one had a white stripe along it's side and a large red patch on it's tail. Can anyone please explain what it's all about.
Thanks
Sounds like ZA712

http://www.globalaviationresource.com/v ... ury-plain/
Regards Steve............

"If the Military had to make money, they'd be doomed !!"
Chuck Adams, Buffalo Airlines.

nespots46

Post by nespots46 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:50 pm

That is very one, thanks for that Steve

Return to “Northern England”