Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Forum rules update for the new tier system in England?

Please read the rules before posting on the forum.
Mike

Forum rules update for the new tier system in England?

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:32 pm

This question is for the Admin staff of the forum really - will there be an update to the current forum COVID-19 rules thread any time soon?

Current rules are here :- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=197020

StevenNFFC

Re: Forum rules update for the new tier system in England?

Post by StevenNFFC » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Cheers Mike I will try and sort this out over the next day or so after looking into the restrictions around the UK.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:18 am

StevenNFFC wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:49 pm
Cheers Mike I will try and sort this out over the next day or so after looking into the restrictions around the UK.
Thanks Steven, so which rules do forum members follow until you have had time to update them?
Is it back to normal until you update them, or do we still follow the existing lockdown rules that really should have been updated on 02/12?

Gary

Post by Gary » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:49 am

In a perfect world they would have been updated, being a thankless task and only a couple of people interested in keeping the forum ticking over things don't get done.

Common sense would say no photos from tier 3 areas for England and the equivalent for the other nations.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks for that Gary, does that include logs as well?

Petepilot

Post by Petepilot » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:58 am
Thanks for that Gary, does that include logs as well?
Hi Mike, I couldn't see a reply to your last question and have also been pondering the rules. I assume from Gary's last response that both photos and logs from Tier 1 and 2 venues are okay but not Tier 3. I would say also that there might be an issue if someone living in Tier 3 had travelled into Tier 2 or 1 to get the pics/logs - impossible to 'police' but simply down to FC'ers doing the right thing and having a conscience. I have PM Gary to get clarification.
Regards, Peter

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi Peter, I would have thought that a member of staff could have amended this Global Announcement by now as it's well out of date :- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=197020

I've tried to do my bit by asking the question in the first place, so a little guidance regarding the current rules from staff is long overdue.

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:58 pm

One way of seeing where the poster has come from would be to make it compulsory to fill in the individuals location. Sounds like some more active members of staff are urgently required.

StevenNFFC

Post by StevenNFFC » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Unfortunately I have a lot of real life issues going on that require nearly all of my time, I have been unable to devote enough time to moderating the forum. I will gladly resign my Admin role on the forum but I wouldn't like to leave Gary as the sole admin on the forum. Whenever I get the opportunity to moderate I will do so but I haven't had enough time recently as I will always value my real life commitments over voluntarily moderating the Fighter Control forum.

plmc135 perhaps you would like to step up and become a moderator? I can sort that out for you no problem at all - just be wary though that nobody will appreciate the things you do on the forum but some will point out the things that you haven't done.

We have a large Staff Team but unfortunately only Gary and I are 'active' admins:

Ben Montgomery hasn't even logged in since June
FlyingMonster (Jamie) certainly doesnt have time to Admin the site as Editor of Flypast Magazine
MikeB doesn't moderate but is partly responsible for the ownership of the forum.

As for moderators there are only one or two (with slogen51 being worth name dropping) who contribute regularly to the upkeep of the forum.

So i repeat once again that I will gladly resign my Admin role and return to just being a member of the forum because, quite frankly, I am sick of being told that I haven't done enough on the forum. I have plenty to do in my real life without having to worry about spending my free time moderating the forum. Without wishing to sound above my station, if it wasn't for Gary and myself the forum would have collapsed a long time ago from an Admin perspective. We have searched for active forum members who might want to start moderating but only Slogen was up for it.

I'm sorry to start such a rant but this is the way I feel

Regards,

A thoroughly fed up Administrator

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:25 am

StevenNFFC wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:59 pm
Unfortunately I have a lot of real life issues going on that require nearly all of my time, I have been unable to devote enough time to moderating the forum. I will gladly resign my Admin role on the forum but I wouldn't like to leave Gary as the sole admin on the forum. Whenever I get the opportunity to moderate I will do so but I haven't had enough time recently as I will always value my real life commitments over voluntarily moderating the Fighter Control forum.

plmc135 perhaps you would like to step up and become a moderator? I can sort that out for you no problem at all - just be wary though that nobody will appreciate the things you do on the forum but some will point out the things that you haven't done.

We have a large Staff Team but unfortunately only Gary and I are 'active' admins:

Ben Montgomery hasn't even logged in since June
FlyingMonster (Jamie) certainly doesnt have time to Admin the site as Editor of Flypast Magazine
MikeB doesn't moderate but is partly responsible for the ownership of the forum.

As for moderators there are only one or two (with slogen51 being worth name dropping) who contribute regularly to the upkeep of the forum.

So i repeat once again that I will gladly resign my Admin role and return to just being a member of the forum because, quite frankly, I am sick of being told that I haven't done enough on the forum. I have plenty to do in my real life without having to worry about spending my free time moderating the forum. Without wishing to sound above my station, if it wasn't for Gary and myself the forum would have collapsed a long time ago from an Admin perspective. We have searched for active forum members who might want to start moderating but only Slogen was up for it.

I'm sorry to start such a rant but this is the way I feel

Regards,

A thoroughly fed up Administrator
I'm one of the quietly appreciative. I enjoy the content on this group and the free to use service you deliver. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues away from the forum. Members should be grown up enough to police themselves and if muppets want to break covid guidelines too photograph an aircraft and then post it that is their choice, others members if so inclined could PM the individual to "discuss" their displeasure or use the power of just "scrolling on by". It seems the Facebook power of being able to report anything that displeases people sometimes creates a playground environment of "running to teacher".

To help the admin how about this "If you feel the need to break covid guidelines, good luck to you and your families and if you want to post it (to share how inconsiderate of others you are) some may enjoy, others will moan and get furious"

Keep up the good work team through what is a difficult time for all let the haters hate. In a world where everyone needs everything laid out for them common sense often disappears.

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:13 am

A nice invitation Steven but I get enough flak just being a member without the need to be a Moderator. :ninja:

Petepilot

Post by Petepilot » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:19 pm

I think (hope) that many, many members really appreciate the role of moderators and those who offer up the site generally. I certainly do.

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 pm

Why does the admin need to tell us what to post? We all know the rules regarding covid...Surely we can moderate ourselves during these times.
Dave.
Edit due to numerous spelling mistakes !

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 am

Knowing rules and adhering to them seems to be a problem for quite a few people during this pandemic, Dave :grr:

You’re quite right, though, people ought to be able to show a bit of common sense, both on and off the forum ;)
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:46 am

Dave934 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 pm
Why does the admin need to tell us what to post? We all know the rules regarding covid...Surely we can moderate ourselves during these times.
Dave.
Everybody knows the rules regarding driving, but sadly we need the officers of the law to enforce them. No different on FC.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Dave934 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 pm
Dave.
You would think that Dave,its a shame one or two feel they are above the law and being in a position on here should set an example.But there ya go.
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:17 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 am
Knowing rules and adhering to them seems to be a problem for quite a few people during this pandemic, Dave :grr:

You’re quite right, though, people ought to be able to show a bit of common sense, both on and off the forum ;)
Nail on head Paddy... common sense: sadly lacking from most folk these days :grr:

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:04 am

“ Nail on head Paddy... common sense: sadly lacking from most folk these days :grr:

I blame the parents. 😷

H., F., S.

🌈
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

EGVP

Post by EGVP » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:26 am

C24 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:04 am
I blame the parents. 😷
Of the middle aged and retired men who are visiting airbases? Yep, sure.

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:09 am

EGVP
Amongst many others ;)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Return to “Forum Rules”