Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Something 'dog fighting' around . .

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
mistyar66

Something 'dog fighting' around . .

Post by mistyar66 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 pm

. . Newark way around lunchtime - hoping someone might have seen something. I only caught a brief glimpse, but think it may have been at least one F15 - but sunshine too bright to see it properly . . . Was about 1 - 1.30pm!! Was wondering if it was something to do with Waddo . . apologises if this is in the wrong place or someone has already posted elsewhere :)

reheat module

Re: Something 'dog fighting' around . .

Post by reheat module » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 pm

A number of people had mentioned in passing that the Typhoon was due to be up and about doing a display practice.
If I recall, it deconflicts (where possible) with school lesson timing to avoid distractions, so lunch time could be a good time.
HTH
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

stealth117

Post by stealth117 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm

I saw two aircraft dog fighting over Newark today whilst at work and they looke to me like F-15's however they headed towards lincoln way then came back over to Newark (within the space of about 5mins) and this time i only caught one aircraft and that looked a lot like a typhoon. Anybody able to confirm what they were? Could it have been one F15 and one Typhoon dogfighting? Either way it certainly made my day as its not very often it happens around here anymore :thumbs:

Martin

hedgerowops

Post by hedgerowops » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:06 pm

It was two F15's Martin,
cheers Chris

stealth117

Post by stealth117 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks Chris, much appreciated :thumbs:

mistyar66

Post by mistyar66 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks guys - did seem a strange place for them to be doing it, not that i'm complaining!!!! :) Just a shame it was a little too hazy and bright otherwise would have been a superb specicle!!! Perhaps we should order a few more?? :)

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am

This caused a bit of concern with the 'locals' - I took two calls about it yesterday morning from the Newark Advertiser (local newspaper); I proivided a link to this thread and urged them to come and look at NAM's new acquisition!! :halo:
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

Thunderbolt II

Post by Thunderbolt II » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I work in Nottingham and I swear I could hear this at lunch time- F-15s are loud! Glad I now know what it was, great to hear the roar- a rare event in Notts these days. Plenty of mil helicopters recently though to the west of Nottingham, heading on N/S paths.

metalman

Post by metalman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Over Spalding, in the last couple of days last week, a pair of Typhoons, visible through the mist etc. Exercising their lungs :clap: Fella's you can tell the F15's without spotting them, their P & T engine's have a whine, only they have. More please :thumb:

Return to “RAF Waddington”