Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Big thanks

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
flipper123

Big thanks

Post by flipper123 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:32 am

Just thought i would give a big thanks to the guys and gals from Wave who organised things so well yesterday.
It was tarnished by a couple of people who seemed to be giving the guys some greef about trying to keep them safe and not runover.
Best ignored well done eveyone!!!

Len707

Re: Big thanks

Post by Len707 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Well said. I was there on Monday which was extremely busy but the guys and gals from Wave put in tremendous efforts to keep everything very well organised whilst maintaining the bacon butty supply. Hope to get back next week for another great day.

Crus8der

Post by Crus8der » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:03 pm

I'll second that too - a great job by all of the WAVE staff !

britaylor

Post by britaylor » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Must say a big thank to Christine and her staff whom have getting there at 5-00am getting the cooking ready for us spotters and the greef the marshalls are getting is not called for please would all coming in the next 2 weeks respect all at the WAVE for the hard work there are putting in this without these we would no food loos etc on the spot just look at other air fields

gingertom

Post by gingertom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am

I would just like to add my appreciation for all the effort by the people over at Wave whilst the exercise Cobra Warrior is on going.

I have been into the car park a couple of times and found all the volunteers very friendly and helpful.

This last fortnight reminded me of the old ACMI days

KeBul

Post by KeBul » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:35 am

Just adding my thanks to Christine and the gang.

It was a pleasure to meet you all over the last two weeks, from the girls in the sentry post with their "smell of bacon" siren - I thank you for the extra inches on my waistline, to the guys who marshalled the entrance and A15 - cheers for helping keep it safe and to Christine for all her patience and help when pestered for information.

Top job and your efforts I'm sure were appreciated by the majority.

Kev

Flameout

Post by Flameout » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm

I agree with KeBul and found that the abuse handed out to the volunteers was totally unnecessary. Some " enthusiasts " should realise that without the volunteers overseeing the event the whole area could have been made out of bounds to all. Thanks once again and look forward to next year.

Return to “RAF Waddington”